Presidents of the United States

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: Presidents of the United States

Post by Kes »

There's the other thing about it being advisable to move around a bit on a long flight. DVT and all that.

Which, at this time of the year, naturally brings me onto the subject of those who chose to jump on 9/11. The choice of slow certain death, against a quicker one.

Starman

Post by Starman »

Kes wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:02 pm There's the other thing about it being advisable to move around a bit on a long flight. DVT and all that.

Haha, I mean given that he had a leg amputated and spent six months in a coma, I’d say the ten hour flight was probably the safest part of that journey from a DVT point of view!

ETA: God help him if he’d recently been vaxxed

Kes

Post by Kes »

There's a possibly bigger philosophical discussion here.

If the Taliban account for 10% of the population of Afghanistan, being generous, then what would you do? Especially given that the Afghan army was bigger, and better equipped than the Taliban.

I can't speak for other people, but if that sort of situation happened over here, I don't think I'd be trying to leg it for the nearest rubber dinghy. Don't people consider fighting for what they believe in, these days?

Starman

Post by Starman »

I think a lot of Brits would head straight for the dinghies. They’ve spent the last 18 months getting upset about masks and footballers kneeling, they're not about to start engaging in guerilla warfare.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Shame. Particularly when many of them save their violence for Friday nights, and Saturday afternoons.

It's like those guys I used to work with who were too tired to lift seats about, but the second they finished work, would fuck off down the gym, and get on exercise bikes and lift weights.

Starman

Post by Starman »

Got to look their best in All Bar One

Also if they don’t keep their muscle bulk, their tattoo sleeves will look even more ridiculous

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Of course there are going to be a lot of Afghans who need to find somewhere else to live. Boris says we will take in 25,000. Not bad considering his party's stance on immigration.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I can understand Nicola Sturgeon wanting Scotland to accept even more, she wants to get the percentages of alcoholics in the Scottish population down.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Actually proud of Trump for telling his flock that he approves of the vaccine in Alabama last night. A lot of them booed him but that’s to be expected. Most of their genes are already messed up from inbreeding so they should welcome the change.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

the milkman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:18 pm Actually proud of Trump for telling his flock that he approves of the vaccine in Alabama last night. A lot of them booed him but that’s to be expected. Most of their genes are already messed up from inbreeding so they should welcome the change.
Regarding inbreeding - speak for yourself! :lol: