Presidents of the United States

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Ray

Re: Presidents of the United States

Post by Ray »

Kes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 am That's what propaganda is all about, and how it works. You put little bits of truth in there to grab people, and then enter believable and plausible bullshit to take it in the direction you want it to go.

Often, they'll make it look believable enough, that to the people they've grabbed, will now think the truth has more bullshit about it.
Seems familiar...where did I hear of this? Right, Germany in the 30s...

Kes

Post by Kes »

You know that thing they say about a fine line between madman and genius? There wasn't really one with Hitler, though he got Germany out of an absolutely mad recession, brought in the first national motorway system, and the first popular car, made for ordinary people. Then came the bad things, though by that time, he had such control over the media, he could "smoke and mirrors" a lot of that, so the world only found out about it via history.

Kes

Post by Kes »

You know what they call it when someone tries to seize power outside of normal democratic means?

Well, if it was in Bolivia or somewhere like that, they'd probably call it an attempted Coup D'etat. But because it's the USA, I don't know what they'd call it, probably an election steal, or something like that.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Looks like social distancing went on the backburner during the riots.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/12/pramila-j ... ign=768127

There's two reasons why the Covid statistics that came out of China were so low. The first that they doctor and lie about the statistics, and the second that they ALL took it seriously.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Several police officers are under investigation regarding the Capitol riots according to the Washington Post.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:06 pm Several police officers are under investigation regarding the Capitol riots according to the Washington Post.
What are they bring investigatied for?

Kes

Post by Kes »

"Inappropriate behaviour with some of the rioters"

Read into that, what you will.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm
JLP wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:06 pm Several police officers are under investigation regarding the Capitol riots according to the Washington Post.
Cannot read the full article as you need to be a subscriber. The BBC are saying several have been suspended for posting messages in support of the riot.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:17 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm
Cannot read the full article as you need to be a subscriber. The BBC are saying several have been suspended for posting messages in support of the riot.
You'd think they would not be posting things like that, then again :?

Kes

Post by Kes »

There, that's a couple of hours I won't get back. I've just been reading up on the constitution and the 27 ratified ammendments to it.

I don't know, but I wouldn't mind betting there'll be a 28th coming along pretty soon, to cover things that have occurred between 2016, and 2021.

Just asking a question. Does this apply to ALL citizens of the USA?

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

I ask because it's pretty key who, or what you're pledging allegiance to. A person, or a concept?