Presidents of the United States

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: Presidents of the United States

Post by Kes »

In the UK, "if" you've ever sworn an oath of allegiance (and not everybody has), it's to the ruling Monarch, and his, or her representatives. Not directly to anyone else, or the government. That's why the duly elected Prime minister, has to go and see the Monarch, when they're elected.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

carolb57 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Despite all of the obnoxious things he has said and done in the past, he still had a golden opportunity to be a hero when the pandemic hit. Instead, he called it a hoax. I don’t get it.
Ah yes...then he went off and got a vaccine financed and approved in record time, you’re welcome! Hero on steroids!

Ray

Post by Ray »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm
carolb57 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Despite all of the obnoxious things he has said and done in the past, he still had a golden opportunity to be a hero when the pandemic hit. Instead, he called it a hoax. I don’t get it.
Ah yes...then he went off and got a vaccine financed and approved in record time, you’re welcome! Hero on steroids!
Sure, give HIM credit, not the scientists who worked their ass off for months. In case you haven't noticed, the vaccine isn't only used in the USA, but worldwide, and every country wants it...so he did nothing but wait until it was available, like everyone else. Oh, and he downplayed the virus for a long time, basically ignored it in the beginning. Looking back you can't pretend he handled the situation well, quite the contrary.

Kes

Post by Kes »

All I can say about Covid and this issue, is

1). It's not over yet.
2). Acknowledging that 370,000 Americans have died of it, ABOVE THE YEARLY AVERAGE, and over 20m have been infected by it.
3). Until it IS over, protect yourself, and protect others by wearing a mask, social distancing, and anything you can do to stop it spreading.

But most of all, if you don't believe it's real, get a reality check. This isn't about "control", it's about the lives of those around you.

We thought we might be over the worst of it, and then the second strain came along, and we now have worse figures than the first time.

Even if you think the Chinese lied through their teeth about it, and had double the deaths they've published, then times them all by SIXTY, and that's where America currently is.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Kes wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:42 pm All I can say about Covid and this issue, is

1). It's not over yet.
2). Acknowledging that 370,000 Americans have died of it, ABOVE THE YEARLY AVERAGE, and over 20m have been infected by it.
3). Until it IS over, protect yourself, and protect others by wearing a mask, social distancing, and anything you can do to stop it spreading.

But most of all, if you don't believe it's real, get a reality check. This isn't about "control", it's about the lives of those around you.

We thought we might be over the worst of it, and then the second strain came along, and we now have worse figures than the first time.

Even if you think the Chinese lied through their teeth about it, and had double the deaths they've published, then times them all by SIXTY, and that's where America currently is.
This 💯

Kes

Post by Kes »

In Donald's recent speech, he says "This impeachment hoax, is making people angry!"

I know he's never really been good with words, but does the word "hoax" mean something different in Trumpland?

"A humourous or malicious deception"

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm

Really? The US Government owns Pfizer?

The FDA are influenced by a man who talks about injecting sunlight?

Not sure about that.

Ray

Post by Ray »

One week to go...ONE WEEK. I never thought I'd be both looking forward that much and also be that worried about some politician leaving office. I know chances aren't that good, I still hope it's just over in a week without some big shit like last week happening also again.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Breaking News.

Donald Trump lashes out at impeachment charges in angry tirade posted on TripAdvisor and Mumsnet.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 am Breaking News.

Donald Trump lashes out at impeachment charges in angry tirade posted on TripAdvisor and Mumsnet.
Too late, he is banned on there as well. :lol:

Interesting that he fans the flames of rebellion and then calls for unity as the impeachment of HIM will be decisive. :roll: