Formula 1

Other music, TV, films and general interest
WeeMann

Re: Formula 1

Post by WeeMann »

I think Hamilton trying to reverse out from under him gave him a clue he was OK.

I'm not convinced Verstappen deserved the penalty for that - to me they both contributed and it should have been labelled a racing incident.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I do like Max, but I am having a bit of a giggle at him raging on social media that Hamilton didn’t give him enough room, when he squeezed Hamilton in exactly the same fashion - if not more aggressively - on lap one and the only reason they didn’t crash then is because Hamilton pulled out of it.

The penalty does seem a bit strong, but I do think he was predominantly at fault, just as Hamilton was predominantly at fault at Silverstone.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think you can generally use the Horner-Wolff discussions as a gauge. If Christian Horner blames the other team, but isn't whining like a jet engine winding down, then his driver is at fault.

Seriously, he could have checked Hamilton was alright, instead of getting on the radio, and saying "Well, that's what happens if you don't give me room!"

He might be an exceptionally good driver, but he's got a little bit to learn about being a good sportsman.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Kes wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:52 pm I think you can generally use the Horner-Wolff discussions as a gauge. If Christian Horner blames the other team, but isn't whining like a jet engine winding down, then his driver is at fault.

Seriously, he could have checked Hamilton was alright, instead of getting on the radio, and saying "Well, that's what happens if you don't give me room!"

He might be an exceptionally good driver, but he's got a little bit to learn about being a good sportsman.
It didn't bother me that Max didn't check on Lewis. The issue is more about Max being impetuous and not being smart. If that was a McLaren and not Lewis that he collided with, then Lewis would have regained the championship lead.

Even at Silverstone when Lewis got blamed, Max should have conceded the corner and probably the race win. He would have still collected points. Whilst he will probably still win the WC, if he keeps doing these things he may still lose it.