Brian & Roger Despise Longtime Fans? Who Cares?

Other music, TV, films and general interest
YAFF

Brian & Roger Despise Longtime Fans? Who Cares?

Post by YAFF »

How's that for most obvious post evah? Thing is- new fans pretty much just buy the "Greatest Hits" so it's still the long termers who they can make the most money off of. That's how I used to think. I don't think it's about money anymore but the legacy of the band. "Keeping the music alive" and that requires new generations of wallets, er, fans.

Now, mind you, I'm not of the ilk that thinks the traveling circus that is HalfQueen owes anything to their patrons but I don't even admit I like Queen much anymore. I'm a Freddie Mercury fan and he'd tell me to fuck off much faster than Brian/Roger. :D

The Kurgan

Re: Brian & Roger Despise Longtime Fans? Who Cares?

Post by The Kurgan »

It's better to have had Freddie once tell you to fuck off, rather than Freddie have never spoken to you at all.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

YAFF wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:57 pm How's that for most obvious post evah? Thing is- new fans pretty much just buy the "Greatest Hits" so it's still the long termers who they can make the most money off of. That's how I used to think. I don't think it's about money anymore but the legacy of the band. "Keeping the music alive" and that requires new generations of wallets, er, fans.

Now, mind you, I'm not of the ilk that thinks the traveling circus that is HalfQueen owes anything to their patrons but I don't even admit I like Queen much anymore. I'm a Freddie Mercury fan and he'd tell me to fuck off much faster than Brian/Roger. :D
What did you smoke? If you like Lambert tell openly why pull the cat by the tail

Ray

Post by Ray »

New fans might only buy Greatest Hits, but if you look at the sales numbers of that album (and Platinum Collection if people want more), those are really high.

I'm actually surprised they didn't try to use the huge success of the movie to sell some stuff. I guess they get so much by doing nothing already, so they almost think "why bother" about releasing something unreleased that won't sell that well anyways.

For them it's probably not nearly as exciting going through the vaults as it is for us to get unreleased stuff. They prefer to tour and make new memories as long as they can. And I get that. Sucks for us fans who rarely get something new, especially for long time fans who wait for decades, but that's just how it is with most bands.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Having read the interview in Record Collector, I don't think they despise the fans at all. Brian does state he blocks people who are insulting and rude on social media but there is nothing wrong with that.

YAFF

Post by YAFF »

The Kurgan wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:37 pm It's better to have had Freddie once tell you to fuck off, rather than Freddie have never spoken to you at all.
True. Very true

YAFF

Post by YAFF »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:12 am
What did you smoke? If you like Lambert tell openly why pull the cat by the tail
I do not like Lamberace one bit. In fact I respect Bri/Rog less for their fawning over him...but, hey, I do get it. He can hit the notes and he helps them to continue playing live.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

YAFF wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:57 pm How's that for most obvious post evah? Thing is- new fans pretty much just buy the "Greatest Hits" so it's still the long termers who they can make the most money off of. That's how I used to think. I don't think it's about money anymore but the legacy of the band. "Keeping the music alive" and that requires new generations of wallets, er, fans.

In the words of the Virgin Mary - come again?

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

The Kurgan wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:37 pm It's better to have had Freddie once tell you to fuck off, rather than Freddie have never spoken to you at all.
Truth!🤣🤣🤣