Board meetups

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Didymus

Re: Board meetups

Post by Didymus »

Dali wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:44 pm Hang on, am I on the wrong board? Is this BeatlesOnLine?

Sorry, I like the Beatles, but I've been a Queen fan since I was 11 and I'm going to London. I'm going to Hyde Park, Kensington and Garden Lodge.
Not to say don't do that, cos it's a worthy pilgrimage, but there's also sights in Liverpool for Queen fans. Freddie did live there for a while pre-Queen, after all. ;)

Also, IIRC, his first gig on UK soil (and first as an adult outside his school) was in Bolton, just outside Manchester!

Starman

Post by Starman »

He lived in a flat above what is now the Dovedale Towers pub, but I guess this isn't BeatlesOnline :?

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Starman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:47 pm He lived in a flat above what is now the Dovedale Towers pub, but I guess this isn't BeatlesOnline :?
D'ya know, in all these years I've never been out that far. I've only ever really done the centre of Liverpool, even though the train is a few quid and less than an hour away.

I might fix this when the Roger gig is happening... spend a day doing some of the further out sights.

Starman

Post by Starman »

Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm
Starman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:47 pm He lived in a flat above what is now the Dovedale Towers pub, but I guess this isn't BeatlesOnline :?
D'ya know, in all these years I've never been out that far. I've only ever really done the centre of Liverpool, even though the train is a few quid and less than an hour away.

I might fix this when the Roger gig is happening... spend a day doing some of the further out sights.
I’ve been to that pub, but didn’t actually realise Freddie lived there until a year or two later. It’s a pretty popular spot independent of any music heritage.

QOL nostalgia meet-up there??!? Lots of Beatlesy stuff very near by (it’s literally on Penny Lane) too

Only a £10 Uber from there to the O2 Academy

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Well, it's certainly a possibility...