Roger's next solo album The Streaming Discussion.

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Ray

Re: Roger's next solo album The Streaming Discussion.

Post by Ray »

Okay, whatever. Reading stuff like that bores me, so I won't bother answering.

The Kurgan

Post by The Kurgan »

I'm still buying reel tapes.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Kes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:20 am The thing is, if I was into streaming, and in turn interested in recording them, then I'd probably have an idea of which technology I'd want to do it with.

But as I'm not, it's a reasonable supposition that I don't know what recorder anybody uses. For that reason, as Duncan Ballentyne might say "It's a silly idea, it'll never work, Ahm ooot!"
I decided to learn this because I was buying more and more albums on vinyl and not on CD, but then not getting the digital back-up that used to be standard with vinyl releases for a while there.

Furthermore, some artists started releasing streaming-exclusive digital content that couldn't be bought anywhere. Now, as soon as physical version is available, I'll give them cash, but in the meantime, the software I have that's capable of ripping the hi-res FLAC files right off Tidal's servers will do the trick.

ogre t raylot

Post by ogre t raylot »

I love physical media, but I also love streaming too.

Streaming is great for those Artists who I have a peripheral interest in, it is also great for making playlists of those songs of yesteryear when I want to be transported back to when I had hair, teeth and a 30” waistline.

Streaming is great for auditioning product too – I have bought numerous albums and several box sets after sampling them via Spotify.
As for the ethics of artists receiving payment – I totally agree. I prefer to purchase through the artists website if my local music stores don’t stock the new product.