In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Innuendoes »

<SNIP>WASHINGTON — The Trump administration told Republican members of Congress on Monday that intelligence about potential Russian bounties may have been included at some point in the President's Daily Brief but not conveyed to President Donald Trump in a formal threat briefing because it wasn't yet "actionable," the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee said.

"I believe it may have been" in the written President's Daily Brief, or PDB, Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, said in an interview.

Referring to the president, McCaul said: "I think the way the process works is that he gets briefed about three times a week on sort of actionable, credible items. And the decision was made that this was not at that point in time a credible, actionable piece of intelligence. And if at any point it did, it would be raised to his attention."<SNIP>

<SNIP>"They did stress that fact that they did everything possible to protect our forces over there," McCaul said. "And the record, according to them, the fact no one had been killed, you know, I think speaks to that."<SNIP>

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ru ... x_LMmOSDcs

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

As Peskov said yesterday, it is B.S., only on the side of Putin and Trump!

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Joe Biden:

“If I’m elected, I’ll immediately reach out to Dr. Fauci and ask him to continue his incredible service to our country.

I’ll have the nation’s top medical experts and scientists ready to advise our response on day one — and I'll actually listen to them.”

“Mr. President, the American people didn’t make enormous sacrifices over the past four months so you could waste your time with late night rants and tweets.

Step up. Take responsibility. Do your job.”

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:32 am
Ding ding. Round Two.

New pig virus found in China that could make Covid 19 look like a dress rehearsal.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11986478/ ... rce=pushly

Just as well half the world is already in lockdown.
I'm not going to click on your link, can you summarize what is says? The thought of another virus is scary.

Kes

Post by Kes »

It's a new virus, that the Chinese have found in pigs. It has all the markers to suggest it could easily jump between them and humans, especially on the grounds that a lot more people eat pork, than bats.

So, a new swine flu, a particularly nasty swine flu.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 am
It's a new virus, that the Chinese have found in pigs. It has all the markers to suggest it could easily jump between them and humans, especially on the grounds that a lot more people eat pork, than bats.

So, a new swine flu, a particularly nasty swine flu.
Whoops, I read about it on the BBC site after I asked about it, no offense I hate The Sun with a passion.
It truly is scary. As if things aren't bad enough :? .

Kes

Post by Kes »

I don't think The Sun is morally THAT good, but they do seem to break a lot of stories three or four hours before other places.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:11 am
I don't think The Sun is morally THAT good, but they do seem to break a lot of stories three or four hours before other places.
I just wonder how this new virus will be dealt with if it's spreads like covid.

Kes

Post by Kes »

A pretty important piece of breaking news.

Boris Johnson has announced that 3m Hong Kong British overseas passport holders will be given the opportunity to have full British passports, and so be able to travel to, and find work in the UK.

Three million? Where are we going to put them all?

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:10 pm
A pretty important piece of breaking news.

Boris Johnson has announced that 3m Hong Kong British overseas passport holders will be given the opportunity to have full British passports, and so be able to travel to, and find work in the UK.

Three million? Where are we going to put them all?
:shock:
Is there a time frame for that to happen?