In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Kes »

The week before Christmas last year, I had the worst occurrence of a virus I've ever had. It felt like someone had repeatedly hit me across the chest with a baseball bat. I felt that bad, I can't tell you whether I lost sense of taste or smell, I certainly didn't want anything to eat and drink. I was stuck in bed for a week feeling worse than shit, i REALLY did feel like dying would be better than that. I can look back now at the symtoms I had, and think "maybe", and despite a few other people I'd been in contact with having similar, the key to "maybe not" was that there wasn't a trail of people dead and dying around me.

Despite being as ill as I've ever been in my life, without having had a positive Covid test, I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim I've had it.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Kes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:12 am The week before Christmas last year, I had the worst occurrence of a virus I've ever had. It felt like someone had repeatedly hit me across the chest with a baseball bat. I felt that bad, I can't tell you whether I lost sense of taste or smell, I certainly didn't want anything to eat and drink. I was stuck in bed for a week feeling worse than shit, i REALLY did feel like dying would be better than that. I can look back now at the symtoms I had, and think "maybe", and despite a few other people I'd been in contact with having similar, the key to "maybe not" was that there wasn't a trail of people dead and dying around me.

Despite being as ill as I've ever been in my life, without having had a positive Covid test, I wouldn't be stupid enough to claim I've had it.
I had something similar as did my wife and daughter. Think do It was identified as another virus.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has died after refusing treatment for Civic 19. At last, some good news about the virus.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Kes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:12 am The week before Christmas last year, I had the worst occurrence of a virus I've ever had. It felt like someone had repeatedly hit me across the chest with a baseball bat. I felt that bad, I can't tell you whether I lost sense of taste or smell, I certainly didn't want anything to eat and drink. I was stuck in bed for a week feeling worse than shit, i REALLY did feel like dying would be better than that. I can look back now at the symtoms I had, and think "maybe", and despite a few other people I'd been in contact with having similar, the key to "maybe not" was that there wasn't a trail of people dead and dying around me.

I've been involved in a study for the ONS. For the first 5 weeks we had a test a week and now we're having one once a month for the next year. While having the test we are asked various questions about where we've been, how many people we've been in contact with, etc.

Over time, the questions have changed and been added to. Last night a new question was "Do you think you have ever suffered from Covid 19? If so, when?" I fell ill on Dec 23rd last year with symptoms which sound very similar (I was asked about what symptoms I displayed) and I passed it on to my Dad, who was extremely ill for about 6-8 weeks with it.

The way the question was worded, compared with previous questions, makes me suspect that someone, somewhere thinks this had started spreading earlier than originally reported.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Almost definitely there was something very nasty doing the rounds last December, but whatever it was, it didn't appear to be killing people. One ofthe major symptoms was that I simply couldn't take a full breath, only about a third of one, it hurt so much to even try taking a deep breath. The only way I could sleep was on my front, and even then sleep was grabbed in hour long stints for about a week.

I don't know if it was Covid, a weaker strain, or what it was. However I do know that it was something I'd never want to get again. And so that's my logic, if Covid is worse than what I had, I don't want either of them, and the measures to avoid either, are the same measures.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:26 am Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has died after refusing treatment for Civic 19. At last, some good news about the virus.
Hard to feel sorry about him.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Kes wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:37 am Almost definitely there was something very nasty doing the rounds last December, but whatever it was, it didn't appear to be killing people. One ofthe major symptoms was that I simply couldn't take a full breath, only about a third of one, it hurt so much to even try taking a deep breath. The only way I could sleep was on my front, and even then sleep was grabbed in hour long stints for about a week.

I don't know if it was Covid, a weaker strain, or what it was. However I do know that it was something I'd never want to get again. And so that's my logic, if Covid is worse than what I had, I don't want either of them, and the measures to avoid either, are the same measures.
I had pneumonia a few months back, which was hard enough. Covid is a different beast altogether, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm not over it yet, holy smokes I did some packing earlier and I found it hard to breathe. I felt as though my lungs would burst, tmi, apologies.
I've been tested twice, one was positive.

Kes

Post by Kes »

JLP wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:26 am Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe has died after refusing treatment for Civic 19. At last, some good news about the virus.
I can't even imagine what it's like to be beaten to death with a f*cking ball pein hammer, and he did it many times. One of the extremes of what can happen when God tells someone to do something.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

My 20 year young heart patient and pregnant niece is holed up mostly by herself as her ma is heavy with Covid19 as is her ma too.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Dominic Cummings has left his job.

Probably about 3 or 4 months later than was prudent, but still.

Good luck finding future employment Dominic. I hear Donald Trump's looking for someone who can teach him drastic new strategies.