In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:46 pm Some posts removed by request.
Thank you!

Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Post by Innuendoes »

Starman wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:58 pm I get that food probably tastes nicer when it took the death of a sentient being to get it to your plate, and having spent around 90% of my life avariciously devouring meat on close to a daily basis I wouldn’t wish to judge anyone who continues to do so, but to call meat-free alternatives ‘poison’ seems particularly bloodthirsty and cruel.
I don't see how eating petroleum and other inedible substances, is bloodthirsty and/or cruel.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I don't see how living somewhere, where you can't trust the political system, can't trust the food in your shops, can't trust the wildlife without having an array of military weapons, etc is tolerable.

Time to think about emigrating somewhere that you might actually like. Or maybe it's time to read classic novels, instead of any old shit that gets plastered on the internet.

Wherever you live on this planet, there's good stuff and bad stuff, and if in your mind, the bad stuff is more than the good, then it's time to try and find what's good for you. Other times, it's more about perspective, and how you perceive things. You might live in the best place ever, but only pick up on the things you think are bad.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Sometimes, you read things that just make your jaw hit the floor.

Anti-vaxxers are avidly looking for relationships with other anti-vaxxers, so they can keep their bloodlines "pure", and untarnished by the vaccine.

Just a "what if". What if, someone not vaccinated, had had the virus, and recovered from it, has the virus itself, left anything "changed" or dangerous behind in their bloodline of any potential children?

Something for them to have a think about.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Kes wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:29 am Sometimes, you read things that just make your jaw hit the floor.

Anti-vaxxers are avidly looking for relationships with other anti-vaxxers, so they can keep their bloodlines "pure", and untarnished by the vaccine.

Just a "what if". What if, someone not vaccinated, had had the virus, and recovered from it, has the virus itself, left anything "changed" or dangerous behind in their bloodline of any potential children?

That is probably the craziest thing yet I have heard of regarding the virus.

I had a vaccine a week ago. Other than a slightly sore arm for two days I had no side effects.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Has your 5G reception got any better?

I had my first shot of the Astra Zeneca one on Tuesday. Already booked in for part two in April.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

JLP wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:30 pm
Kes wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:29 am Sometimes, you read things that just make your jaw hit the floor.

That is probably the craziest thing yet I have heard of regarding the virus.

I had a vaccine a week ago. Other than a slightly sore arm for two days I had no side effects.
Bloodline purity was tried in Germany in the 1930's. That didn't end well did it?

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Kes wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 pmI had my first shot of the Astra Zeneca one on Tuesday. Already booked in for part two in April.
My parents have both had their first shots, as has my girlfriend because she's classed as front line. None have grown any extra heads or autism yet, but there's time...

Also in the news, I'm enjoying Europe doing an about face on not giving people the Oxford vaccine now that it's been proven not only does it work, it actually works better than was originally claimed.

And finally, in an act of apparent lunacy that I can only imagine is fuelled either by the bottom line or sheer non-conformist idiocy, Texas is ditching masks and completely reopening. That seems intelligent when there's still a virus raging in your country and talks of a fourth (FOURTH) wave there.

Kes

Post by Kes »

With regards the Oxford vaccine, it "seems" political, but only time will tell, I guess.

I know the main two we have here seem to do the same thing in two different ways, but which is better, or whether you should have one of each, I don't know.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Anybody already tested the "fear inoculum" by Tool? ;)