In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Kes »

Starman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:50 pm
The fact that the bombers were almost all Saudi is a curiosity but I don’t think there’s any evidence that the Saudi government were involved. It’s more likely that as Saudi nationals they were able to live in America without attracting too much attention.
That's pretty much why I said Saudi passport holders. It was the only way they could gain internal access to the US. Nevertheless, someone, or something enabled them to qualify for the passports, to gain access, and that would have been people responsible or representative to the Saudi government.

A not so well known statistic, is that virtually everyone who was above the impact point on the North Tower, died. A similar situation in the South Tower, but due to the North Tower being on fire, a lot of people were either out of that Tower, or on their way down it, when that one got hit.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Some ammended stats on the hijackers, in light of further research.

"September 27, 2001, they released photos of all 19 hijackers, along with information about possible nationalities and aliases. Fifteen of the men were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon."

Starman

Post by Starman »

Kes wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:17 am A not so well known statistic, is that virtually everyone who was above the impact point on the North Tower, died. A similar situation in the South Tower, but due to the North Tower being on fire, a lot of people were either out of that Tower, or on their way down it, when that one got hit.
You probably don’t need to have read the statistics to assume that was the case though right? How were they supposed to get past 2 or 3 completely obliterated floors? I think there may have been one stairwell left intact but owing to communication issues that information didn’t make it to the people trying to escape.

Starman

Post by Starman »

Starman wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:50 pm PS Oh and Bin Laden wasn’t actually Saudi, he was Yemeni. I didn’t know that until a week ago.
Just to clarify, Osama Bin Laden was born in Saudi (one of about 50 siblings) but his father was a Yemeni immigrant. He was wildly rich, but that wealth was amassed independently rather than inherited. What this means is that the Bin Laden family, whilst extremely wealthy, wasn’t part of the Saudi aristocracy and therefore didn’t have close ties to the Saudi government or other powerful Saudi people. I guess it’s the equivalent of an Irish or French person moving to the UK and becoming rich there. Or maybe a more pertinent comparison is an Austrian chap amassing great power in Germany.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

20 years; seems like yesterday. May those that died in such a horrible way, rest in peace.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Karma is a bitch. This scumbag mocked AIDS victims whilst playing AOBTD. The COVID bus run him over.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/bo ... with-covid

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

A question to all the Brits here: How happy are you with the brexit so far?

I just watched some news here in Germany, which showed a lot of empty shelves in supermarkets, a hotel running out of clean linen (the company that does the cleaning doesn’t find enough employees anymore, so that they can’t fulfill the contract) and vegetables rotting in the fields, because the pickers from Eastern Europe are gone. Also, many rich British bankers left London and moved to other European cities.
But I guess the working class can earn more money now and everyone can find a job? What’s your experience? (Yes, I‘m curious.)

Kes

Post by Kes »

You'll get different perspectives, depending on which way people voted.

Those who voted remain will look for all the negatives of leaving, to justify the way they voted, and the same thing for the Brexiteers, the other way around.

There were always fors and againsts, and people for whom it didn't really matter either way.

We can now choose for ourselves whether a Jaffa cake is a biscuit, or a cake.

It's weird that an organisation that strictly insists on standards like Champagne HAS to be made in the champagne region of France, allows German companies like Aldi and Lidl, to market blatant rip offs of established registered brands and patents. Maybe it tells you who actually controls the EU, and how other member states are treated, and listened to.

Sometimes, if you believe in democracy, you just have to go the way people voted, and make the best of it, live with it, whether you like it, or not.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

@Kes So I guess your happy to be out of the EU. ;)