In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Starman

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Starman »

We should be able to reverse it eventually. I don’t know how (if I did I’d probably share it with the important people), but it seems very unlikely that it would violate the laws of physics, therefore eventually we should be able crack it. In the meantime yes, we need to slow it down.

One mistake people make (perhaps deliberately) is they focus on arguing over whether or not climate change is man-made. It doesn’t matter. Even if it’s part of a natural warming of the planet, it’s still something we need to address. Whether or not we also have to carry around a bit of guilt and responsibility for it happening in the first place is a secondary issue.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

I'm so sorry. : (

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

Innuendoes wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:08 pm I'm so sorry. : (
Huh? For what?

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Lord of all darkness wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:03 am
Innuendoes wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:08 pm I'm so sorry. : (
Huh? For what?
That one of their MPs was stabbed to death. Assassinated.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Anybody can get stabbed to death.

If you're more of a target, and want to be secure, you sit behind a piece of plexiglass. It works for bank tellers.

You shouldn't get attacked just for being an MP, but it's not like it hasn't happened before. Somebody wants to make the news, a high profile MP, that's easily accessible, ticks most of the boxes. Big headline, simple attack.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm Anybody can get stabbed to death.

If you're a target, and want to be secure, you sit behind a piece of plexiglass. It works for bank tellers.
I was paying respects to your MP and to the people of your country. Why is that a bad thing for me to do?

Kes

Post by Kes »

Who said it was a bad thing to do?

At the end of the day, the fact that he was an MP just makes the headline bigger. His life had the same worth and value as millions of people out there.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:31 pm Who said it was a bad thing to do?

At the end of the day, the fact that he was an MP just makes the headline bigger. His life had the same worth and value as millions of people out there.
I felt it was implied and apparently I was wrong, at least for some. In any event, he was a member of your government, correct? It's the polite thing to do. At least over here, it is. That's all.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Nothing was implied.

Had he been anybody walking down a street, you'd have never have heard about it. There's too many random stabbings and shootings, all over this world, every one is as tragic as the next.

That was the point I was making, that just because he was an MP, his passing means more. It doesn't.

Polite? Yes.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:50 pm Polite? Yes.
Exactly.