In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:14 pm Something else that probably needs highlighting, is because the NHS in the UK is all linked, I can go into an NHS hospital, anywhere in the UK, and they have instant access to my medical records.

Because of this, it makes us, and a limited number of other countries, the world's guinea pigs, to easily see over a wide population, if a particular treatment or drug is effective.

That's how they found out about the effectiveness of drugs like remdesivir, and the other one that Donald was peddling, was about as useful as the disinfectant suggestion.

Doubt either Donald or Joe will ever recognise that. Sure they'll probably highlight negatives, if it suits their purpose and makes them look better.

In the US, communication between hospitals can be a major ball-ache, one can get patient info, but only by jumping through a succession of hoops, and a lot of pleases, and thank yous.

I'm mentioning this, because I'm proud of the system we have, and the people who work, and have worked in it, a few of which frequent this place. Hat's off to them.
We have the Mercy Hospitals' here and they're sorta like Walmart in that they have all the records their patients have had, provided their patient uses Mercy and the patient is seeing a Mercy doctor. I believe wherever there is a Mercy Hospital, any doctor can log into the system with his ID and look at the patient's records, all over the country or when it's a Mercy Hospital. Similar, I guess, to what you are talking about? I switched to them about 5 or 6 years ago after getting the runaround with the University Hospital Clinics, over and over and never getting to see the same doctor twice. I'd have to spend a half an hour explaining my health history to the new one, only to have to repeat the same thing to the next one. The University dental school is pretty outstanding, though. I actually enjoy going there.

Kes

Post by Kes »

You ENJOY going to the dentist?

You're not well, are you? 😉

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

It really is crazy. Matt Hancock says tier three is not good enough to halt the spread of the mutated virus then proceeds to leave parts of England in there 2 and 3.

There were people going to York from tier three areas at the weekend just so they could go to the pub. Tw@ts.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I can see them inventing tier five, and six, at this rate.

Yeah, you're quite right, if you can drive there, then we should all be the same. I understand the Scilly Isles, Shetland and Orkneys being at different risk levels, but having differing ones, on the mainland, just encourages the spread.

We're not China, we can't put 50,000 armed troops on the road, persuading people to be sensible. We haven't got anything like 50,000 for a start.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:44 pm You ENJOY going to the dentist?

You're not well, are you? 😉
:lol: They're pretty nice. Sure it's uncomfortable but I've been to others that damn near murdered me. LOL. I had one right before Christmas that was in for a refresher course or something to that effect. She was absolutely brutal and I felt like I had been in a car wreck for over a week. I had to see my Chiropractor to straighten out what she did to my jaw and my neck. So, yea, these students are on their last year, are highly supervised and I know all the supervising doctors because they've been there since I first started going there. They're fast and they're very friendly. In that respect, yes I do enjoy going there. Nothing like nice friendly people to talk to who fix your smile rather than an idiot who brutalizes you.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

JLP wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:46 pm It really is crazy. Matt Hancock says tier three is not good enough to halt the spread of the mutated virus then proceeds to leave parts of England in there 2 and 3.

There were people going to York from tier three areas at the weekend just so they could go to the pub. Tw@ts.
Do you have police or army stopping people moving from different tiered areas? We had roadblocks stopping us from leaving metropolitan Melbourne. They were manned by the police and army. Huge fines were issued for those that tried breaking through.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

No. I think Johnson, from the start, was scared to go in too hard. To be honest, I reckon things would have kicked off if they had done it here, but I agree a full lockdown is the only sensible way to kill off a virus this virulent.

Kes

Post by Kes »

If you got the Police, army, navy, and air force, and then doubled them, you wouldn't have enough people to seal off London on it's own, there's that few people in the forces and that many roads going in and out of the city.

I live just inside the M25 (about 400 yards away from London's main orbital motorway), on one of the arterial roads going into the city, and even in a lockdown, at 2130 at night, it's busy as f*ck outside my front door.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Wind Chill temperature, here, tonight -10F = -23.33C

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Another bomb has just gone off, apparently! Police believe they have found human remains in the debris from the 1st explosion.

Three injured after 'intentional' explosion in Nashville, Christmas morning
The explosion occurred at 6:30 am on 2nd Ave N, in the city’s downtown area. Police described the blast, which has been linked to an RV, as “significant” and said it was likely intentional. Three people were taken to a local hospital, though none of their injuries are believed to be critical. Authorities say when they arrived on the scene they found the RV with a “recording” saying the vehicle would explode in 15 minutes.

https://apnews.com/article/Nashville-ex ... ce=Twitter