In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
pow wow

Re: In The News Today...

Post by pow wow »

Kes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm
Should add that I had an equal dislike of the Tories at that age. Rich people looking after rich people, and helping to make them even richer. Selling off every asset that State owned, not for any personal benefit though, because that's illegal, innit?

Funny how just about every minister in charge of a sell off, was later appointed to said business's board of directors, when they were no longer an MP. Something to do with them "having experience" in that industry... yeah, like fuck.

It was every bit as immoral as Gordon Brown selling off the gold reserves when gold was at it's lowest price in thirty odd years.

It's ALL the working people in this country that keep it going, and despite the fact that there should be one, there's not a party out there that actually represents them all, without stitching up one sector or another.

They're all fucking weasels, or idealists chasing lost causes, it's in the blood.
I thought and still think Brown was a thoroughly decent human being and was in to politics for the right reasons unlike today’s self serving vacuous twats.

Brown sold £3.5b worth of gold in 1999 at the wrong time but for the right reasons. It’s worth noting gold didn’t peak until around 2012.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Seriously, fd?

You say people are allowed their opinions, take a fucking breath, and then challenge me on my right to having mine?

Google's great, but there's almost as much shit on there, as comes out of Donald Trump's mouth. If I'm spouting duff gen, in ANY manner correct me, but don't restrict my right to discuss it.

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

Kes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:53 pm
Seriously, fd?

You say people are allowed their opinions, take a fucking breath, and then challenge me on my right to having mine?

Google's great, but there's almost as much shit on there, as comes out of Donald Trump's mouth. If I'm spouting duff gen, in ANY manner correct me, but don't restrict my right to discuss it.
I'm not, only in the way that you deliver it. It comes across as patronising at times, because we all know what's happening too.

Kes

Post by Kes »

pow wow wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:52 pm

I thought and still think Brown was a thoroughly decent human being and was in to politics for the right reasons unlike today’s self serving vacuous twats.

Brown sold £3.5b worth of gold in 1999 at the wrong time but for the right reasons. It’s worth noting gold didn’t peak until around 2012.
Fair enough, if that's how you feel, that's how you feel.

From my perspective, it gave the next government virtually no wiggle room, and sowed the scene for austerity, and i think we've all paid for that.

Kes

Post by Kes »

fairydandy wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:56 pm

I'm not, only in the way that you deliver it. It comes across as patronising at times, because we all know what's happening too.
In my opinion, you are.

Kes

Post by Kes »

The other night, Horizons on BBC 2, aired an hour long programme, concise, to the point, no bullshit, well researched, and probably, so far, THE most informative programme screened in this country on Coronavirus Covid 19, from when it broke to now. Everything you need to currently know, ALL in one place.

Has anyone else here watched it? Commented on it? Learnt anything from it? Felt the "I'm alright, Jack" overwhelming need to keep it to themselves?

So far, I've not seen any mention of it, from anybody else. Well, from anyone else but me, anyway.

Do I have any sort of moral duty to discuss points raised on it, that I've not seen anywhere else, especially if it's hidden away on the fifteenth page of google, in preference to the swallowing bleach suggestion by Donald fucking Duck?

Kes

Post by Kes »

Seriously, again.

I hope you're feeling better, but arguing semantics on here won't be helping you much.

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

Kes wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:16 pm
The other night, Horizons on BBC 2, aired an hour long programme, concise, to the point, no bullshit, well researched, and probably, so far, THE most informative programme screened in this country on Coronavirus Covid 19, from when it broke to now. Everything you need to currently know, ALL in one place.

Has anyone else here watched it? Commented on it? Learnt anything from it? Felt the "I'm alright, Jack" overwhelming need to keep it to themselves?

So far, I've not seen any mention of it, from anybody else. Well, from anyone else but me, anyway.

Do I have any sort of moral duty to discuss points raised on it, that I've not seen anywhere else, especially if it's hidden away on the fifteenth page of google, in preference to the swallowing bleach suggestion by Donald fucking Duck?
I saw Horizon too. It was good, but nothing much we didn't already know.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

I felt sorry for the transport secretary at the briefing. It should have been someone more senior facing the music, maybe even Boris himself.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I'm not so sure, fd

Can't say I knew a Japanese woman visiting a car parts factory in Munich was the index case in Europe. I wasn't particularly aware that this virus seems to lodge in your nose and throat for about a week before it heads south, i thought it went straight for the lungs. I didn't know that where you can leave your post for 72 hours in the porch, it stays active for as long as you want on a pack of frozen chicken dippers. In fact, if I knew all about it, despite having google and about 8 news channels at my disposal, I wouldn't have been asking the questions on here. What a twat, I should have just asked you.

I suppose once you've had it, and not died, you get a bit more knowledge of it, and how not to catch it, becomes significantly less important.