Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: In The News Today...

Post by the milkman »

Innuendoes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:19 pm
JLP wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Like lsr says, no innocent person should be killed by the police. Instead of saying that, you produce statistics about how many white people are killed by the police. Speaks volumes.
What speaks volumes is your continual harassment and accusations that I am a racist by the way you respond to anything I post on this topic. We could have had an actual conversation that was civil without pointing fingers and hinting at labeling but instead, you accuse me of everything under the sun including posting false data so that EVERYONE can see what a lousy person you think I am. I really do not deserve to be treated this way by you and the other two and now Milkman jumps in and starts in, too. Talk about ganging up and talk about not giving a person a chance. But nooo, you always pull this race thing on me and point out how racist I am and you don't know jack! My aunt was black! She married my mother's brother in Milwaukee, WI and moved to Illinois. My mom and I were the ONLY people in the family who treated her well other than my uncle. But it doesn't matter because you, who do not know me at all, have become my judge and jury AND announced it to the board.

I’m not ganging up on you and I’m not accusing you of anything. I see those numbers from my friends and I always have to scratch my head. What do they mean? Yeah, more white people are killed by the police but the white population makes up 60% of the US. If you do the math one can clearly see that African Americans have a much greater chance of getting killed by the police.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Kes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:46 pm
Depending on whether you hold left wing views, or right wing views, you're going to believe whatever propaganda thrown your way that fits in, and aligns with your base values, and preconceptions.

If you believe that any news network you don't trust, feeds you bullshit, then because of that, you're only ever going to I get the side you want to get.

You can sit there all day and post links that ally themselves to your politics, it doesnt mean I have to trust the same places. Especially if I've seen some of them run with such one sided views.

In the case of the UK, we had a nerve agent attack, not America. Putin says it wasn't Russia behind it, our chemical research lab at Porton Down said it has an exclusive development signature of the Russian military. How do you think everybody who lives in Russia thinks? They believe whatever the f*ck they're fed.

They believe the shit they are given, because that's how they are programmed.

I can't tell you to believe what you don't want to believe. The only hope is that you try to seek the real truth, instead of whatever truth you want to be the truth.

The clue is, that generally, it's somewhere in the middle between what one lot are telling you, and what the other lot are telling you.

The fact that so many people on here "react" to what you link to, basically means you've built up a reputation for believing the hard right press, which posts as much crap as the hard left does.
So true. Every so often I “peek” at what is going on at Fox News and after only 5 minutes I want to pull my hair out. So, if you are someone who on a daily basis watch only the propaganda at Fox News, you are going to be brainwashed to believe only what you are seeing there. They are NOT “fair and balanced” when they refer to the Democrat presidential nominee as “Bolshevik Biden.” Sorry, but I do not see that kind of nasty and juvenile name calling on the other channels that are referred to as the “lamestream media” and “fake news.”

I am appalled at the lengths to which the Trump supporters are willing to go to get him elected in 2020 by still denying that anything nefarious took place that put him in the Oval Office in 2016. They still deny that Michael Flynn was colluding with Putin and that Jill Stein had anything to do with Trump winning the electoral votes by the exact number of votes that SHE took away from Hillary in three battleground States when we have a photo of both Flynn and Stein happily dining with Mr. Putin during that presidential campaign.

Will the truth about this ever come out when the Trump sycophants are so dedicated to covering it up that they have created a whole story about the Obama administration as the real criminals for trying to uncover the Russian collusion?

It is maddening. He truly would get away with murdering a person on 5th Avenue the way they are willing to lie for him!

Kes

Post by Kes »

Politically, that's where Donald was a bit clever. If you're going to make something up, then pick a little part of it that you can prove to be true. Load the bullshit on top of that, but never forget to mention that bit that was true. Make sure you say it loud and make people believe that you believe it. Because you've concentrated on the true bit, people scrutinise that, and then accept the window dressing as also being true.

Any response from the opposite side, discredit it as being "fake news", and "Well, they WOULD say that, wouldn't they?". All the time the press is behind you, use it. The second that any of them start to see that you're talking bullshit, then accuse them of being the evil fake news spreaders, and champion the ones who are still "on board".

Prior to his election, he took the fact that someone had hacked Hilary Clinton's private emails, and exploited it to the absolute maximum. She apparently let so many secrets out of the back door, she might just as well have been directly emailing Putin, with the latest rocket secrets. "When I become President, I'll put her in jail, where she belongs!"

"We're going to build a wall, coast to coast. Don't worry about how much it's going to cost, we'll make the Mexicans pay for it!"

Some Republicans were slurping it up, like a malty triple thick shake from Five Guys.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Kes wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:27 am
Politically, that's where Donald was a bit clever. If you're going to make something up, then pick a little part of it that you can prove to be true. Load the bullshit on top of that, but never forget to mention that bit that was true. Make sure you say it loud and make people believe that you believe it. Because you've concentrated on the true bit, people scrutinise that, and then accept the window dressing as also being true.

Any response from the opposite side, discredit it as being "fake news", and "Well, they WOULD say that, wouldn't they?". All the time the press is behind you, use it. The second that any of them start to see that you're talking bullshit, then accuse them of being the evil fake news spreaders, and champion the ones who are still "on board".

Prior to his election, he took the fact that someone had hacked Hilary Clinton's private emails, and exploited it to the absolute maximum. She apparently let so many secrets out of the back door, she might just as well have been directly emailing Putin, with the latest rocket secrets. "When I become President, I'll put her in jail, where she belongs!"

"We're going to build a wall, coast to coast. Don't worry about how much it's going to cost, we'll make the Mexicans pay for it!"

Some Republicans were slurping it up, like a malty triple thick shake from Five Guys.
Kes, you express it better than I do! Usually the mudslinging ends once a President is elected, but this guy has carried it on for almost 4 years, starting with his uninspired inaugural speech referring to “American carnage” and how HE was going to fix it.

It was Barack Obama who inherited an economic collapse and a mess from two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but Trump ignored what his predecessor was doing steadily to improve the situation, tore apart those improvements and insisted on doing it HIS way. So now whatever the situation is at the end of his chaotic presidency will be to his credit or discredit. But of course he will be able to blame the Covid-19 pandemic and will never acknowledge how he handled it.

Kes

Post by Kes »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:22 am
... whatever the situation is at the end of his chaotic presidency will be to his credit or discredit. But of course he will be able to blame the Covid-19 pandemic and will never acknowledge how he handled it.
It ain't over yet. This could still go even more wrong. A LOT more wrong.

lsr

Post by lsr »

And now if you say anything even vaguely questionable about Israel, you lose your job:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53183085

Utter madness.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

My thoughts exactly — tweet from Rosanna Arquette:

“SOS.. to every other country in the world. We are being held hostage by an evil ,crazy ,racist ,fascist psychopath ,who is doing everything to dismantle democracy .people are dying from his ineptitude ,and lack of empathy for human life .he only cares about himself. Help us.”

Kes

Post by Kes »

lsr wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 pm
And now if you say anything even vaguely questionable about Israel, you lose your job:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53183085

Utter madness.
Not really, when you balance it against how Jeremy got the Momentum people into his Shadow Cabinet.

All Starmer's doing, is allowing the far left, to dig their own political graves, and then giving them a little kick into them, when they drop a political bollock.

Pretty much the same thing Johnson's been doing since he got the party vote.

In the case of Long-Bailey, she's a darker shade of red than Corbyn was. Seeing her perform several times on BBC Question Time, probably the biggest advocate in the Labour party, for "leave, but don't actually change anything" to be a referendum option, alongside cancelling Brexit altogether.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Sorry if that rubs a bit.

I think I've only ever seen one other person in politics, who talks over other people to the degree that she does, and I'd really like to see a discussion between just the two of them, in the same room.

That orange faced baboon, who lives in Washington. That would be one to watch, just to see who draws breath first.

lsr

Post by lsr »

YES PULISIC