Other music, TV, films and general interest
JLP
Site Admin

Re: In The News Today...

Post by JLP »

lsr wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:56 pm
YES PULISIC

Just be really difficult cheering for a team you don't like.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Kes wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:05 pm
Sorry if that rubs a bit.

I think I've only ever seen one other person in politics, who talks over other people to the degree that she does, and I'd really like to see a discussion between just the two of them, in the same room.

That orange faced baboon, who lives in Washington. That would be one to watch, just to see who draws breath first.
I don’t know who you are talking about in the UK but in the US Kellyanne Conway gets the gold medal for talking over people and going on for 15 minutes w/o taking a breath!

My favorite word for her is “annoying.” She is famous for coining the term “alternative truth” in defending the “orange faced baboon” and his non-stop lies!

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Trump never disappoints. Typical tweet from him today:

“The Fake News and phony Fake Suppression Polls have never been worse. The Lamestream Media has gone CRAZY!”

Yes, dear leader, your polls have never been worse! And it isn’t the media that has gone crazy!

lsr

Post by lsr »

JLP wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:37 pm
lsr wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:56 pm
YES PULISIC

Just be really difficult cheering for a team you don't like.
They’re the only fans I’ve ever personally felt threatened by, but who cares, we’re champions

I’m pleased that Lampard is doing well because he deserves it. Maybe their fans will start to behave themselves too.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

John Dean
“Trump was stumped by Hannity’s softball question about his priorities for a second term. He has none. Zip. Zero. He still doesn’t have a clue! It is terrifying that people will vote for this egomaniacal fool.”

Kes

Post by Kes »

Just to prove that it's not ALL Trump...

It appears the US have their own version of Diane Abbott in Joe Biden.

He reckons 200 million have died of Covid 19 in the US, and there's been 150 million gun related deaths in the USA since 2007.

Can't people just write figures that he's going to have to quote, on a piece of paper for him. Remembering numbers when you're a senior, isn't brilliant for anybody.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 am
Just to prove that it's not ALL Trump...

It appears the US have their own version of Diane Abbott in Joe Biden.

He reckons 200 million have died of Covid 19 in the US, and there's been 150 million gun related deaths in the USA since 2007.

Can't people just write figures that he's going to have to quote, on a piece of paper for him. Remembering numbers when you're a senior, isn't brilliant for anybody.
Where on earth did Biden get those numbers from :shock:

Kes

Post by Kes »

He was floundering. His mouth was moving faster than his brain could keep buffering.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think Bernie Ecclestone might have just said something a little controversial.

Ex-F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says Black people are often 'more racist than White people,' even as he praises Lewis Hamilton's drive for diversity

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 am
He was floundering. His mouth was moving faster than his brain could keep buffering.
Oh dear, you mean Trump isn't the only one to do that :P