In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Kes »

You'd probably find that time will prove that Hilary Clinton was actually the ball America dropped.

She was better qualified to do the job than both Trump AND Biden.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:27 am
I think Bernie Ecclestone might have just said something a little controversial
But maybe not as controversial as Imran Khan's latest one.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11961834/ ... rce=pushly

He certainly bowled a stunner with that one.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 am
Just to prove that it's not ALL Trump...

It appears the US have their own version of Diane Abbott in Joe Biden.

He reckons 200 million have died of Covid 19 in the US, and there's been 150 million gun related deaths in the USA since 2007.

Can't people just write figures that he's going to have to quote, on a piece of paper for him. Remembering numbers when you're a senior, isn't brilliant for anybody.
I think he was referring to the number of cases and not the number of deaths. The way Trump gets around that is to say billions and billions, and millions and millions, and thousands and thousands, and hundreds and hundreds.

Kes

Post by Kes »

In this case, there's only one thing worse than the truth, and that's being a million miles away from it.

It kind of screws with people's ability to believe anything else you say.

Trump will use this error, the same way he used Hilary's emails.

How are you going to get the orange baboon out of the White House, if the opposition keep putting bullet sized perforations in their feet?

How many teams will compete in the Superbowl final next year? "Err, forty -five? Six thousand? Err, two million?"

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Kes wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 pm
In this case, there's only one thing worse than the truth, and that's being a million miles away from it.

It kind of screws with people's ability to believe anything else you say.

Trump will use this error, the same way he used Hilary's emails.

How are you going to get the orange baboon out of the White House, if the opposition keep putting bullet sized perforations in their feet?

How many teams will compete in the Superbowl final next year? "Err, forty -five? Six thousand? Err, two million?"
I haven’t seen the actual Biden interview when he made that mistake but I heard he immediately corrected himself and the pool tape didn’t show it.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswee ... 96%3famp=1

There may be a lot of criticism of Joe Biden right now. Trump has gone from calling him sleepy Joe to a more sinister version of corrupt Joe. But this is what we have had to put up with in interpreting Trump talk:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Donald J. Trump:
“Nobody briefed or told me, @VP Pence, or Chief of Staff @MarkMeadows about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an “anonymous source” by the Fake News @nytimes. Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us.....”

Ben Rhodes:
“1. I have trouble believing it, but as someone who got the presidential daily briefing for more than 7 years the idea that a POTUS wouldn’t be briefed on a Russian bounty on US troops is even more alarming.”

“2. Given the hundreds of pieces of intel that would be briefed to him in this period, did the intel community think Trump wouldn’t care? That strikes at the heart of his responsibility as commander in chief.”

“3. Did they think he wouldn’t do anything in response or wouldn’t want to be bothered? That raises questions about whether he cares about our troops.”

Response:
“I don’t believe Ratcliffe for one minute, I believe they did brief trump and this is the beginning of the coverup...”

My response:
Trump not only has a “fixer” in the Department of Justice with Bill Barr, now he has another “fixer,” John Ratcliffe, as his Director of National Intelligence. The fact that a dozen Republican senators visited Moscow last year on the 4th of July doesn’t give me much hope either!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

It would be funny, if the situation wasn’t that serious.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

What is going on?

NBC News
““British security officials have confirmed to Sky News that the reports about the plot are true.”

Russia offered Taliban-linked fighters bounties to attack British troops - as senior Tory MP seeks answers”

Steve Schmidt
“Trump did nothing. Nothing. This is a betrayal of historic dimensions. Our faithless Commander in Chief rewarded Putin after the Russians paid out their blood money for dead American soldiers. Trump and his Congressional collaborators should never look a member of our military in the eye again.”

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

More:

Donald Trump
“Intel just reported to me that they did not find this info credible, and therefore did not report it to me or @VP. Possibly another fabricated Russia Hoax, maybe by the Fake News @nytimesbooks, wanting to make Republicans look bad!!!”

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

carolb57 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:26 am
What is going on?
election campaign.
I could offer you a link to a news magazine with explanations from several sources in different countries, but I guess you aren’t able to read the language.