Other music, TV, films and general interest
lsr

Re: In The News Today...

Post by lsr »

action wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:56 pm
lsr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:17 pm

And come on, in all seriousness, unless you’re a Trump fan, surely you have to agree that Trump has been an absolute disaster from start to finish? Maybe Hillary would have been a disaster too but I really doubt she’d take it to the level Trump has. His incompetence is at times exhausting. I watched his press conference yesterday and had to turn it off.
I don't disagree.

but are you, deep down, so sure that hillary would or would not have gone to war with, say, russia or china? Who knows the end to that street?

We know for a fact though, that trump did not go that route. The fears of WWIII breaking out were totally unfounded
Yes, that’s fair. Hillary was a skilled politician and could have pushed through a major war if that’s what she wanted. Is it what she wanted? That’s unclear.

For all the fears we had about Trump, it turns out the real problem with him is that he’s so incompetent that no one actually has any confidence in him. He can say what he likes about other countries and they probably laugh it off because backstage, some diplomats are smoothing it over and reassuring them that he’ll be gone soon.

That’s okay for world peace but awful for one of the most powerful countries in the world.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

action wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:56 pm
lsr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:17 pm

And come on, in all seriousness, unless you’re a Trump fan, surely you have to agree that Trump has been an absolute disaster from start to finish? Maybe Hillary would have been a disaster too but I really doubt she’d take it to the level Trump has. His incompetence is at times exhausting. I watched his press conference yesterday and had to turn it off.
I don't disagree.

but are you, deep down, so sure that hillary would or would not have gone to war with, say, russia or china? Who knows the end to that street?

We know for a fact though, that trump did not go that route. The fears of WWIII breaking out were totally unfounded
So far! He is president, unfortunately, until January 20, 2021.

action

Post by action »

lsr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:14 pm
That’s okay for world peace but awful for one of the most powerful countries in the world.
that's good enough for me, warts and all.

I could live with another 4 years of trump, if it means no war with russia, north korea and china.

As for the rest, I guess he provides good laughs, but ultimately he doesn't matter

lsr

Post by lsr »

action wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:18 pm
lsr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:14 pm
that's good enough for me, warts and all.

I could live with another 4 years of trump, if it means no war with russia, north korea and china.

As for the rest, I guess he provides good laughs, but ultimately he doesn't matter
150,000 dead in America because of covid

Kes

Post by Kes »

A disease that he described as a hoax three months ago.

Ever since that point, he has displayed teflon shoulders at every inference that his comments might have caused even one uneccessary death.

action

Post by action »

lsr wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:38 pm

150,000 dead in America because of covid
in the beginning, every expert was saying this was nothing more than the flu

mistakes were made. it's unfair to blame this solely on trump.

I maintain: if world peace is your main concern, trump is a sure choice to achieve that goal. He might grab a woman by the pussy here and there though. Nothing that I would lose my sleep over. I have a pretty clear view on the grand scheme of things.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I question the words “peace” and “Trump” being in the same sentence let alone “world peace!”

action

Post by action »

carolb57 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:31 pm
I question the words “peace” and “Trump” being in the same sentence let alone “world peace!”
I'm not an american, trump doesn't really affect me. As long as he executes an isolationist policy, I have no problem with that. A war with russia would be a very big problem to me though, because that's almost next to the door. With hillary, this was an uncertain factor, with trump it isn't. It would be lunacy to me, to endorse hillary clinton.

All these petty scandals, like sex scandals / stupid tweets / ridiculous behaviour.... I really couldn't care less about it all. those who get wind up about these dumb little things, are as bad as the trump supporters themselves.

lsr

Post by lsr »

How about the victims?

action

Post by action »

lsr wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am
How about the victims?
you mean, the victims of a war that didn't happen?

as for the victims of his tweets; they can fill in a butthurt form