In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
action

Re: In The News Today...

Post by action »

lsr, I remember vividly you expressed your concern of WWIII happening, when trump was elected.

Surely, you must be relieved to find that it didn't happen. You must also be fair in reckognising that this is trump's doing, seeing how the president of the USA is the highest commander of the US army.

You seem to shift your focus now, on "his victims". Ok, that is great, but you are changing the goalposts here. Your worst fear did not happen, but you don't seem to focus on this very real problem (since it was you who uttered it in the first place) anymore.

I have always, from the beginning, supported trump for the sole reason that he would normalise relations with russia, and to my surprise, north korea too.

Lesser people have been given the nobel prize of peace.

action

Post by action »

also, the way obama was going with russia, was very worrying to me. Have people already forgotten how obama, towards the end of his term, was seriously fucking up relations with russia? Thank god obama was removed at just the right time. It really didn't look too good. Had hillary became president, things would have looked very grim indeed.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Everything's absolutely fine and dandy with Russia, isn't it?

They're interfering with UK elections, US elections, Brexit referendums, going round putting whole communities in danger, by trying to assassinate former Russians now living in independent countries.

The biggest problem with Putin, seems to be the more wiggle room you allow him to have, the more he'll take the piss with what's acceptable in international politics.

action

Post by action »

Kes wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:30 pm

They're interfering with UK elections, US elections, Brexit referendums, going round putting whole communities in danger, by trying to assassinate former Russians now living in independent countries.

The biggest problem with Putin, seems to be the more wiggle room you allow him to have, the more he'll take the piss with what's acceptable in international politics.
it's just a pantomime. a happy, crazy, situation.

I'm just glad he isn't invading the west with his tanks. Who is going to stop him?

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

action wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:47 pm
Kes wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:30 pm

it's just a pantomime. a happy, crazy, situation.

I'm just glad he isn't invading the west with his tanks. Who is going to stop him?
Isn’t that Putin’s next move since his U.S. puppet is in the process of removing U.S. troops from Germany?

Kes

Post by Kes »

Well, if Trump can break NATO apart, and then destroy the US relationship with Germany, all the seeds will then be in place, for Putin to expand into Germany.

"If" that happens, then it could be a lottery who's got the balls to challenge him. I mean, who the f*ck wants to take on Russia when it comes to proper "shooting the f*ck out of other people" war?

Ultimately, we've had a very fine balance going on for 75 years, that's mainly held the status quo because of the NATO alliance. That fragments, and you might just as well start learning Russian now.

action

Post by action »

Kes wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:28 pm
Well, if Trump can break NATO apart, and then destroy the US relationship with Germany, all the seeds will then be in place, for Putin to expand into Germany.

"If" that happens, then it could be a lottery who's got the balls to challenge him. I mean, who the f*ck wants to take on Russia when it comes to proper "shooting the f*ck out of other people" war?

Ultimately, we've had a very fine balance going on for 75 years, that's mainly held the status quo because of the NATO alliance. That fragments, and you might just as well start learning Russian now.
how was this ever going to be secured with hillary at the helm though?

I don't know what the future holds, I can only look back at trump's legislature and see how there are very few wars going on in the world, relatively speaking.

if putin invades europe, then surely that's putin's responsability and not trump's? Why should trump protect europe anyway? he's the president of the USA, not of europe.

no "better" US president will ever stop putin from invading europe, if that's what putin wants.

Kes

Post by Kes »

It all depends if the USA value the alliance of NATO.

If they aren't part of it, they won't give even a morsel of interest towards it.

Germany's own armed forces, are next to f*ck all. Belgium and Holland's aren't any better. Next you have the nuclear powers of France and the UK. THAT "might" deter Mr Putin from going much further.

It's just a case of "watch this space", and hope Mr Trump changes his views on NATO, but if he starts pulling out of Germany, then that's a pretty fair indicator of how he feels about world security.

How long did Belgium maintain it's independance in the second world war? I think the joke goes they lasted longer in the last world cup, than they did in that lttle fraca.

Still, you're a fighter pilot in your spare time, aren't you? You'd be alright for about half an hour.

Kes

Post by Kes »

As regards your previous post, America holds enough of a deterrent, to obliterate Russia, about 15 times over. It only works as a deterrent, if people are bothered about what's left of their homeland, families, everything they ever held dear, following their use of it.

That's how it f*cking works.

action

Post by action »

Kes wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Still, you're a fighter pilot in your spare time, aren't you?
I sure am Kes, I sure am 8-)

if ever I'm flying over the UK for a reckonaissance flight, I'll drop you some belgian chocolates