In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Elessar

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Elessar »

Further evidence that we have an ongoing problem with racism and the denial of racism in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54188788

24,500 people would rather pretend it’s not a problem, or want to maintain the status quo. And they’re just the ones who could work out how to use their phones to complain.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I think there is a problem of racism, but it is not a systemic problem as introduced with the critical race theory...
I mean that the way to change it, like it's presented by the democrats in US, is not appropriate; it is really really hard to explain the reasons, but I can try.

I think that there is a will to show society like if things are more racist than before, like if it's evolving badly, but I think people need to see the statistics showing that actually things have never been so good as now.

I think it's really positive to want to solve injustice, but doing what people do (protesting, rioting) even though it's a right to protest, I agree with that, it will not solve anything; when they try to do these things like in the Oscars, including all minorities, (just one of 100 exemples) (or breaking down statues, etc...) it will not make people less racist suddenly.

I think (only my opinion) that there are lots of wrongs statistics , pushing some politics,

just like there are wrong statistics about sexism.
I know it's not the usual opinion and I would lose lots of facebook friends if I would post things like that there, but that's how people like Trump are thinking. I didn't learn it from there, just learned that for myself, but just I just want to say that it's questionable. Sorry for the long text
(As a conclusion: personnally I don't deny racism, and I think that few people do, but lots of people deny that "the system is racist"
My suspicion is that lots of people who ""deny racism" in those polls actually are trusting the system, the justice, and just think that there is not such a racism that makes everyone a potential victim.
The people who are seeing themselves as potential victims of the system, will try to push this, in my opinion, but that doesn't make it more true for everyone.
My sister in law is Congolese, and we had lots of talks about that, so I understand how it feels to be victimised, and I feel compassion for that (she would rather think like the system itself is racist, because she has so hard to find a job), but the way to change it is to change how we feel ourselves.
Not to let people treat us like victims.
I don't know if that makes sense, I can try to explain shorter next time :P

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

Elessar wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 pm Further evidence that we have an ongoing problem with racism and the denial of racism in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54188788

24,500 people would rather pretend it’s not a problem, or want to maintain the status quo. And they’re just the ones who could work out how to use their phones to complain.
Sure. And because they disagree with your views they must automatically be less intelligent (bordering on thick). The arrogance of the Left stuns me.

MusicalProstitute

Mona Lisa wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 pm

I think there is a problem of racism, but it is not a systemic problem as introduced with the critical race theory...
I mean that the way to change it, like it's presented by the democrats in US, is not appropriate; it is really really hard to explain the reasons, but I can try.

I think that there is a will to show society like if things are more racist than before, like if it's evolving badly, but I think people need to see the statistics showing that actually things have never been so good as now.

I think it's really positive to want to solve injustice, but doing what people do (protesting, rioting) even though it's a right to protest, I agree with that, it will not solve anything; when they try to do these things like in the Oscars, including all minorities, (just one of 100 exemples) (or breaking down statues, etc...) it will not make people less racist suddenly.

I think (only my opinion) that there are lots of wrongs statistics , pushing some politics,

I know it's not the usual opinion and I would lose lots of facebook friends if I would post things like that there, but that's how people like Trump are thinking. I didn't learn it from there, just learned that for myself, but just I just want to say that it's questionable. Sorry for the long text
(As a conclusion: personnally I don't deny racism, and I think that few people do, but lots of people deny that "the system is racist"
My suspicion is that lots of people who ""deny racism" in those polls actually are trusting the system, the justice, and just think that there is not such a racism that makes everyone a potential victim.
The people who are seeing themselves as potential victims of the system, will try to push this, in my opinion, but that doesn't make it more true for everyone.
My sister in law is Congolese, and we had lots of talks about that, so I understand how it feels to be victimised, and I feel compassion for that (she would rather think like the system itself is racist, because she has so hard to find a job), but the way to change it is to change how we feel ourselves.
There are many black people who oppose BLM. From most of the comments I have read, they are sick of BLM speaking on their behalf. Also, some find them beyond patronising. It is always healthy to see both sides and get the full, proper picture.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:55 pm
Mona Lisa wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:50 pm

There are many black people who oppose BLM. From most of the comments I have read, they are sick of BLM speaking on their behalf. Also, some find them beyond patronising. It is always healthy to see both sides and get the full, proper picture.
I wish I could shake that man's hand and give him a hug! He is so right and he knows the truth. Preach it!!!

MusicalProstitute

Innuendoes wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:03 pm

I wish I could shake that man's hand and give him a hug! He is so right and he knows the truth. Preach it!!!
I just hope he does not get attacked. I mean, I have seen quite a few clips of BLM members attacking other black people for simply disagreeing with them - in one video the BLM scumbag was attacking a man saying he was not 'black enough'! How dumb.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, You're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:08 pm
Innuendoes wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:03 pm

I just hope he does not get attacked. I mean, I have seen quite a few clips of BLM members attacking other black people for simply disagreeing with them - in one video the BLM scumbag was attacking a man saying he was not 'black enough'! How dumb.
There's an awful lot who feel like he does, though. But there are way too many acting like the ones you are talking about and he's right, they're around 19 years old and violent and they don't even know what they're fighting for other than to fight.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

That's why it's good that Trump is taking action with education. Or I think I heard that. I think education should be neutral. And it is, absolutely, not, at the moment. Proof? Well, those 19 year old kids that you talk about :/ I feel sad about that but also happy that a majority are not following that movement.
Edit. What a coincidence! Just today (I didn't listen to it yet) , the theme of the new Shapiro show is about education.
(Teaching kids why America isn't garbage)

And this is what Trump is advocating for.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Teaching children a reason to get revolted, basically.
Using their identity and their differences.
They don't look at racism first.
They look at people's differences first.
They have a racist view of society, in the name of goodness and in the name of anti-racism.
It's not aimed at the people of colour. It's aimed at their own elite, so they can show everyone how good they look.
Then they target those people who look like they can use them as victims, as potential voters.
Then they victimise them through education, saying that the system is racist and so on.
It's probably not a thought-through process, more an unconscious way of taking power, but not less frightening and dangerous.
I'm just wondering how long they will play the innocents, but they'll never admit their wrong-doing until something horrible happens. And that's basically when people are judged after a war.
It's not because it's unconscious that it's good.
It's uncontrollable and dangerous, and the guy called Trump, is demonized, specially, exactly, because he's there to stop a dangerous move of society. He's making the balance, and you need someone big, because everyone supports the left officially, people lose their jobs for having different ideas.
It's not Trump who is a proof that things are going the wrong direction.
It's the hate of Trump.
He's that person that you'd like to put away of your friends because he has a view you hate.
But that's the problem nowadays.
We can basically reject people who we disagree with, because there is not anymore such things as a battle of ideas. (All is about being offended, and anything that has the smallest shadow of racism or sexism is despised without looking at the facts.)
Basically it's the one who's the most offended who wins the argument.
We see this with Jacob Blake, and many of the other cases. People claim racism when there is no obvious racism. The media goes with it.
-->but what you see in these elections, is that it's not the loudest voice which always wins. It's not the one who's the most offended who wins, and whose offence is not anyone's problem but their own problem.
-->>because it's not the victims who we are hearing.
We are hearing those who see themselves as victims.
We don't hear about the woman who Jacob Blake raped. Or the cops who die.
--->>>suffering is not about merit and it's not something to be claimed.
Trump and his team are important to keep the balance. Because when people can not argue anymore like we do here, then will be the moment when you will be put in jail for having different opinions.
That's why composers like Shostakovitch were using music as a way to talk to people, talking of hope. It was forbidden to not agree with the communist party, but he found a way to disguise the music in an official way but still send the message of freedom to the public.
Because in the heart, people are free, no matter what happens.
That's what Soljenitsyne wrote in his book "Gulag archipelago".
It's a disguised repression, what we see now.
That's how I feel it anyway.
They even talked about banning Beethoven because we name his 5th piano concerto "emperor" (and it"s not even named by him like that)
In Russia's soviet union they made the 'music of the party' and selected the composers who were allowed, and decided their own rules of music composition.
Now the rules are following:
No name of anyone in history who we think had racist views.
Welcome to the woke culture.
This is happening, it's not a dream or something.
And everytime I see polls where women and people of colour are 90% victims of something, it's the same. (Or.... polls about a virus or climate change are used the same way)
Excuses.
Manipulation of people's emotions.
It's selling well.

But when you're living in the streets, have no home and when you are a real victim, woman or man, white or black, or anyone, really, because we are all the same, contrary to what they are trying to teach our children,
When you are a real victim, you don't care about all that.
And they don't care either because it won't make the news.
When the repubs want to low taxes and bring people work, I think no-one cares about people"s differences and fake polls.

Elessar

Post by Elessar »

Shit, RBG is dead