In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
JLP
Site Admin

Re: In The News Today...

Post by JLP »

The Government keep saying how vital the race to vaccinate people is and that is the only way we can get back to some kind of normality.

Why then are there people who registered to be a volunteer vaccinated in December still waiting to hear anything back.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Think they've gone past the volunteer phase now.

People in the queue for vaccinations will see "volunteers" as queue jumpers, if they aren't front line workers.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Kes wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:00 pm Think they've gone past the volunteer phase now.

People in the queue for vaccinations will see "volunteers" as queue jumpers, if they aren't front line workers.
Sorry my post meant people who actually want to give out the vaccine. I am waiting to hear from three different sources as I would be able to inject dozens of people daily. Apparently the red tape is ridiculous though and holding things up.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I don't think the shortage is in people to do the vaccinations, more in the other things like vials and the vaccine itself.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I asked my doctor last week how soon he thinks vaccinations will be possible for everyone, after the more urgent ones (old, sick, hospital personal etc.) are vaccinated. He didn't even know when he himself as a doctor will be able to get it...that surprised me quite a bit, after all cases here in Germany and especially Munich (my city) are rising as everywhere else. So far it seems to be going quite slow yet with the vaccination process here.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Strange, isn't it?

You don't really realise how many people there are around, until everybody wants the same thing, at the same time.

They reckon in the UK, if they vaccinate 24/7, it's going to be Summer before everyone who currently wants it, gets it.

All you can really hope, is that when half the people have been vaccinated, then the death figures start coming down proportionately.

PS. Bavaria's lovely. I first went to Munich just after Queen released News Of The World. Good times.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Not too sure how they test, and come by their statistics, but it was on the news that one in three is testing covid positive in Los Angeles.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

To add a little context - I think they mean one out of three people taking the test, not the whole population.

Still scary, but it's not literally a third of the population have it.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I wouldn't know what the daily test rate is over here, the only figures they come out with is the number of positive tests, not compared to total number of tests.

I've never had even one test, and there's plenty of others who haven't too.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I always doubted how much the numbers actually say. Considering many younger people don't even have symptoms or barely any, there was probably always a big number of those who have and maybe spread it without even knowing. The actual numbers were most likely always way higher than the official numbers.