In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Kes »

This newer strain that's about, seems to be affecting more younger people, as well.

Certainly more forty somethings.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

This is a good article regarding the Magna Carta. Some idiots are using it as a reason not to comply with lockdown and masks laws in the UK and some Commonwealth countries. End of the day, chapter 61 is not valid as most of the Magna Carta have been repealed.

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/11/the ... gna-carta/

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Just an idea. How about, instead of fining the covidiots who go to parties, drive 200 miles to get a McDonalds and so on, they are forced to do 100 hours community service on a Covid ward. Or in a care home with residents who have tested positive.

As a bonus, they would not even need PPE as they think it is all a hoax anyway.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:59 pm Just an idea. How about, instead of fining the covidiots who go to parties, drive 200 miles to get a McDonalds and so on, they are forced to do 100 hours community service on a Covid ward. Or in a care home with residents who have tested positive.

As a bonus, they would not even need PPE as they think it is all a hoax anyway.
That just might open some of their eyes, head and heart. Then again, maybe not.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I don't want to be pessimistic about the covid vaccines, but you read the science on them, it's not like a body sized condom.

It hopefully stops you getting serious infection, and still relies on your body fighting it. As far as I'm aware, it starts to work if and when you catch the virus. Meanwhile, you can still catch it, carry it, spread it, and infect unvaccinated/vaccinated people equally, so how is it like a magic bullet?

It will hopefully reduce the death toll, but it alone won't wipe out Covid.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I'd say the chances of us actually wiping out COVID are practically nil. In all of history the only disease we've ever managed to eradicate completely was smallpox. Oh, and some bovine disease that affects cows.

Apparently we're getting there with Polio, but how many decades has that taken? I had the sugar cube when I was at school at that was nigh on 30 years ago now.

But I feel like COVID is just too prevalent. The best we can hope for is to get everyone inoculated so people stop dying, but like winter flu I doubt it's going anywhere.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Moving away from Covid and the US President.

YAY!!! We didn't want free movement of goods anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-557 ... pMuR0fOfWE

Kes

Post by Kes »

At least you have the chance now to buy a straight banana, and a quarter pound of sweets.

Every cloud, and that.

Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:10 am At least you have the chance now to buy a straight banana, and a quarter pound of sweets.

Every cloud, and that.
What's a straight banana? Don't laugh! :lol:

Kes

Post by Kes »

Could be a stright cucumber. The EU are pretty tight on what conforms to their idea of something.

Consequently, it isn't champagne unless it comes from a specific part of France. It isn't Asti unless it comes from Italy, it isn't proper dope, unless it comes from Amsterdam.

(I made the last one up.)

They're really anti people being misrepresented by copied stuff. But Lidl's and Aldi's alright doing rip offs of things that look and sound like Twix bars and Smarties.