In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Innuendoes »

Leigh Burne wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:55 am
Innuendoes wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:34 pmOK. you be the first one to step outside with a pack of feral dogs standing there. . See how long you last.
:lol:

The fact you consider a few stray dogs to be more of an issue than people routinely walking into schools and gunning down a dozen students says it all, really.
Oh yes, it's nothing. There are currently around about 70 million stray animals living in the USA right now, more than half of those are dogs. If unscrupulous owners (and about half of them are) start dumping their pets out or turning them loose, and they contract Covid, I would say it was something to worry about quite a bit. But don't worry, you're nice and safe over there because, after all you have no strays at all, etc, etc. and no one ever dumps a pet.

Kes

Post by Kes »

At an average 432 people per square km, there's not really a lot of room for stray people, let alone animals. No, we haven't really got a stray animal problem, but then the USA hasn't really been bothered about things like a rabies outbreak for the past fifty years.

The UK isn't a perfect place to live, but I can honestly say, the only time I've EVER even considered someone confronting me with a firearm, is when I've visited America. Says something, I think. And I've been to some really uncivilised places in my time.

You can't really jail someone for five years for illegal possession of a firearm, in a place where there are more guns than people. You'd wind up with more people in jail, than outside of them.

Everywhere on this earth has issues. Some places have some issues they "could" do something about, by learning off other places. Some just don't want to bother.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Personally, I like having a free at point of use healthcare service, and not have to worry about some unpredictable idiot walking the streets with an assault rifle.

Being from that sort of world that has these things, it's a bit hard to understand why other people who don't have that, wouldn't want it for themselves.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Innuendoes wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:43 am
Leigh Burne wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:55 am
Innuendoes wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:34 pmOK. you be the first one to step outside with a pack of feral dogs standing there. . See how long you last.
:lol:

The fact you consider a few stray dogs to be more of an issue than people routinely walking into schools and gunning down a dozen students says it all, really.
Oh yes, it's nothing. There are currently around about 70 million stray animals living in the USA right now, more than half of those are dogs. If unscrupulous owners (and about half of them are) start dumping their pets out or turning them loose, and they contract Covid, I would say it was something to worry about quite a bit. But don't worry, you're nice and safe over there because, after all you have no strays at all, etc, etc. and no one ever dumps a pet.
Reminds me...yet another great thing Trump did was to make animal cruelty a federal offense, up to 7 years in prison. 😊❤️

Kes

Post by Kes »

Thw biggest danger to animals on this planet is humans. There's a few less of them in America now, so he did his bit there too.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

Kes wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:50 pm Thw biggest danger to animals on this planet is humans.
Aye to this.

It has - and always shall be - humans. We think we are far superior to other creatures on this planet yet we are mere children and spiritually weak.

All these stray dogs are yet another display or mankind's shallowness, selfishness and complete obsession with himself.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Dolphins are apparently almost as intelligent as humans.

I'd say in some ways, possibly more intelligent than some. After all they don't catch us and kill us, when they're naturally trying to catch their dinner.

Garfield

Post by Garfield »

Of course fd made this thread. Just like the good old days!

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Garfield wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 am Of course fd made this thread. Just like the good old days!
Hey welcome back. Nice to see an old face.

Garfield

Post by Garfield »

JLP wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:34 am
Garfield wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 am Of course fd made this thread. Just like the good old days!
Hey welcome back. Nice to see an old face.
It's definitely an old face these days lol