In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Kes »

I hate to say it, but extreme weather IS a sign of climate change happening right in front of your eyes. It's weird events like this, that are happening all over the world, not just the USA.

So, if Trump does get back in, don't let him sell you the line "It's all a hoax!" again. You've been there, seen that it's really happening.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Kes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:47 am Yesterday, it was like +25C in Florida, and -25C in Oklahoma, that's a bit of a temperature difference.
Could the high temperature in Florida be due to the hot air being spouted by a certain ex president? :lol:

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Kes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am I hate to say it, but extreme weather IS a sign of climate change happening right in front of your eyes. It's weird events like this, that are happening all over the world, not just the USA.

So, if Trump does get back in, don't let him sell you the line "It's all a hoax!" again. You've been there, seen that it's really happening.
Our winters have definite changed. We had some snow last week that actually stayed on the ground for a few days. That is the first time for a long while.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I dunno about that. When I was at university in Portsmouth they had snow that settled even there for a few weeks. Back home in Hertfordshire it was around for about a month.

I'm not a climate change denier but most years my parents seem to get at least some snow that settles for a few days where they live.

Innuendoes
Location: Ah, another day has gone, another friend has gone into the flame.

Post by Innuendoes »

Rheumatoid Arthritis drug tocilizumab improves the chances of surviving COVID and can increase the speed of recovery.

https://academic.oup.com/rheumatology/a ... t=KlhRT3uv

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

JLP wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am
Kes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:47 am Yesterday, it was like +25C in Florida, and -25C in Oklahoma, that's a bit of a temperature difference.
Could the high temperature in Florida be due to the hot air being spouted by a certain ex president? :lol:
25C= 77F which is perfectly normal for Florida.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Haven't done Fahrenheit since I was about 3ft 8 and a quarter inches tall, Centigrade is so much easier. If it's f*ck all in C, it's frozen, if it's a hundred, then it's boiling it's arse off. What's not to like about that?

20C to 30C, just lovely. Perfect operating range.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:45 pm Haven't done Fahrenheit since I was about 3ft 8 and a quarter inches tall, Centigrade is so much easier. If it's f*ck all in C, it's frozen, if it's a hundred, then it's boiling it's arse off. What's not to like about that?

20C to 30C, just lovely. Perfect operating range.
Sorry but we use Fahrenheit over here. :p

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

You guys are always trying to change something. Fahrenheit, liters, blah. :lol:

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Texas has help coming from Arizona and Florida to help with the power lines. They've got ice, with a foot of snow on top of that plus sleet on top of the snow. I don't care where you are, nothing is going stop power lines from going down in that!