Elton John Thread

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Elton John Thread

Post by Black Wings »

He has cancelled a show and maybe more to follow as it turns out he is ill with pneumonia.
Get well soon, Elton John. Please get well.

Cool Cat

Re: Elton John Thread

Post by Cool Cat »

Hmmm he always seems to cancel a show or 2 on recent tours, shame for the fans, especially this being a so called farewell tour, hope he's better soon.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Cool Cat wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:10 pm Hmmm he always seems to cancel a show or 2 on recent tours, shame for the fans, especially this being a so called farewell tour, hope he's better soon.
Yea, I don't know if he will or can make up the canceled dates, and I'm sure fans are disappointed, but from what I've read many are understanding.
I just hope he fully recovers. I'm concerned because he had prostate cancer a couple of years ago. Also the way he worded his statement...pneumonia can be awful. My father had it just about a year ago, along with his illness made him go downhill so quickly.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

He has cancelled his north American dates. I think he's made the right choice.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Has anyone watched the iHeart Living Room Concert For America?

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Black Wings wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:33 am He has cancelled his north American dates. I think he's made the right choice.
What I said about Elton’s dates. Correction though, it's not cancelled, postponed until next year.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

This will be great. He will be adding archival concerts to his youtube channel every Saturday for six weeks Fantastic news. It will start on this Saturday with a concert from 1976 at Edinburgh.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Black Wings wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 am This will be great. He will be adding archival concerts to his youtube channel every Saturday for six weeks Fantastic news. It will start on this Saturday with a concert from 1976 at Edinburgh.
That sounds GREAT! I'll have to catch some of those for sure. :D

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Innuendoes wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm
Black Wings wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 am This will be great. He will be adding archival concerts to his youtube channel every Saturday for six weeks Fantastic news. It will start on this Saturday with a concert from 1976 at Edinburgh.
That sounds GREAT! I'll have to catch some of those for sure. :D
Same. I so glad he is doing this.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Have you watched any of the concerts, inny?
For me, it's interesting to see him in the 70s, especially a full concert. Great music and a ball of energy.