Page 1 of 1

Epics ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:50 am
by maidenpriest
Hello All,

I am on a serious Queen kick of late and want new ways to hear the music, any suggestions to make an 'Epics' playlist using songs throughout the discography (including solo if needed and unreleased obtainable songs), so far I have:

1. March Of The Black Queen
2. The Prophets Song
3. Bohemian Rhapsody
4. Innuendo

Any more ? Cheers

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:49 am
by nickguy1
It's Late
The Millionaire Waltz
Was It All Worth It

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:13 pm
by maidenpriest
nickguy1 wrote:It's Late
The Millionaire Waltz
Was It All Worth It


Cheers Nick, what would you consider epic from Made In Heaven if anything, and I think I will include Great King Rat from the first album ? :)

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 pm
by Wild/Wind
Liar
Father to Son
White Queen live from Rainbow or Hammersmith
Brighton Rock from Live Killers album
The Hero

Also it could be
Death on two legs
Princes of the universe

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 pm
by maidenpriest
Wild/Wind wrote:Liar
Father to Son
White Queen live from Rainbow or Hammersmith
Brighton Rock from Live Killers album
The Hero

Also it could be
Death on two legs
Princes of the universe


why the Live Killers version of Brighton Rock ? is it better than both the studio and live Hammersmith 1975 version ??

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 am
by Leigh Burne
maidenpriest wrote:1. March Of The Black Queen
2. The Prophets Song
3. Bohemian Rhapsody
4. Innuendo

These are about the only ones I'd consider epic.

Although there might be a case for the version of "Resurrection" on Live at the Brixton Academy.

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:56 am
by Wild/Wind
maidenpriest wrote:
Wild/Wind wrote:Liar
Father to Son
White Queen live from Rainbow or Hammersmith
Brighton Rock from Live Killers album
The Hero

Also it could be
Death on two legs
Princes of the universe


why the Live Killers version of Brighton Rock ? is it better than both the studio and live Hammersmith 1975 version ??


Brighton Rock between 78-79 it was full of ideas, heavy rifffs, Crazy jams. If you give a listen to Live Killers album, or any bootleg from Jazz tour, you will be suprised. Many heavy rifffs reminds me Metallica 's Four Horsemen .

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:06 pm
by The__KingOfRhye
Wild/Wind wrote:
Brighton Rock between 78-79 it was full of ideas, heavy rifffs, Crazy jams. If you give a listen to Live Killers album, or any bootleg from Jazz tour, you will be suprised. Many heavy rifffs reminds me Metallica 's Four Horsemen .


Brighton Rock from the '78 Chicago concert! Including a very Hammer To Fall-like group improv section. That's a bootleg worth tracking down for sure. Even though Freddie wasn't at his best, the sound is awesome, and the band is on it..

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:35 pm
by nicksmithworld
Isn't all Queen Epic?? :-D

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:08 am
by icy
I think I will add WWTLF.

Re: Epics ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:37 am
by TheHero
My Fairy King
The Night Comes Down
White Man