No Queen Releases For 2017? Rumour.

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: No Queen Releases For 2017? Rumour.

Postby Jimi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:39 pm

I was in the pub the other night and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a Queen logo.
What di I spy ?
A fruit machine.
Yes a fucking bandit

What is the world coming to.What a beauty to behold........

http://stopandstep.com/wp-content/uploa ... copy-1.png

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 pm

I suspect it's not but can anyone know if it's a licenced product? (the gambler, not Monopoly)

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby cmsdrums » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:37 pm

The Queen fruit machine was an official product - came out several years ago

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:25 am

I actually like the look of this .. :)

Queen Monopoly Board Game
Tour the amazing gig history of Queen, from their very first at Imperial College in 1970 to their last with Freddie Mercury at Knebworth Park in 1986. Tour the world with the band and buy gig locations and hit singles. Build staging blocks then upgrade to full productions and watch the rent come pouring in. Take your chances with A Kind of Magic and In the Lap of the Gods cards as you tour the board as one of the iconic Queen bespoke tokens. You can own it all!

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm

TheHero wrote:I actually like the look of this .. :)

Tour the amazing gig history of Queen, from their very first at Imperial College in 1970 to their last with Freddie Mercury at Knebworth Park in 1986. Tour the world with the band and buy gig locations and hit singles. Build staging blocks then upgrade to full productions and watch the rent come pouring in. Take your chances with A Kind of Magic and In the Lap of the Gods cards as you tour the board as one of the iconic Queen bespoke tokens. You can own it all!

Fucking horrendous. I remember when a Queen release meant something.

Looking forward to the Queen and Adam Lambert Connect Four game next year!

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby cmsdrums » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:30 pm

TheHero wrote:I actually like the look of this .. :)

What does it sound like? :roll:

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 am

Just don't land on 1, Logan Place, if someone's put up a fucking cat boarding hotel there! :shock: You won't like that, dear.

I expect one of the Chance cards says "Sign a deal with a production/management company. Spend the next five goes trying to get out of it. Pay all the other players a million pounds each, and percentage points on the next ten albums. Do not pass go, and do not collect two hundred quid."

On the plus side, there'll be one that says "Play Live Aid! A non-profit making charity gig. All your albums shoot back into the top 50 within a week, you've become legends and win the game!"

I wonder if there's a square that says "Go straight to Sun City, collect £20,000, but miss three goes!" :lookround:

Nah, bet there's fuck all like those on there.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kevinrm15 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Anyone think the focus on the 40th anniversary of News of the World on the upcoming tour a hint for a 1977 release this year ? They did something similar with the Rainbow release in 2014.

Kevinrm15
Spread Your Wings

Postby sbrown » Mon May 15, 2017 5:52 am

BitterTears wrote:They probably wonder what the point is. The week after release, Greatest Hits will be out selling whatever they put out anyway.

You bring up something that I wonder about often - are physical sales really the thing they measure any more? Surely there's a whole bunch of distribution opportunities like cable, hotels, airplane entertainment, streaming radio that make something like this profitable.
I will buy it - the music on digital, the video on BluRay. But I doubt I'm the main audience anymore.

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby Deacon John » Tue May 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Kevinrm15 wrote:Anyone think the focus on the 40th anniversary of News of the World on the upcoming tour a hint for a 1977 release this year ? They did something similar with the Rainbow release in 2014.

Brian wore a News of the World t-shirt to his appearance at the Hay Festival today to promote Queen In 3D, and during his talk said we will see a lot to do with it this year due to it being its 40th anniversary.
"If I could sing it would be lovely."

Deacon John
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Tue May 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Awesome! :)

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Wed May 31, 2017 3:09 am

The NOTW t-shirt is perfect with that 3D- looking robot coming out.
Actually that is the only official clothing product that I would be interested in buying,
and I think it is a real pity that it isn't available for purchase in the
Official Queen Online Shop.

QOS should sell more authenic clothing like this by the way, because I rather
prefer the originals instead of cheap quality copies on eBay.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby cmsdrums » Wed May 31, 2017 3:23 pm

I can't believe there isn't a 3D shot of the NOTW cover in the 3D book - what a wasted opportunity!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Wed May 31, 2017 7:00 pm

cmsdrums wrote:I can't believe there isn't a 3D shot of the NOTW cover in the 3D book - what a wasted opportunity!

It isn't possible to do a proper 3D shot of the cover, as it is a photo/artwork in 2D in the first place. You could do it by cheating and manipulate the photo into 2 photos though, but it would not be genuine 3D, because the different angles would not be really different from each other, like it would if you took 2 shots of something that isn't a flat picture, but a real thing/figure in 360 degrees.

All photos that isn't shot with a camera with 2 lenses will be in 2D. The point with a 3D camera is that it has 2 lenses, one for each eye, so that two pictures will be taken, each from a different angle, similar to what your eyes see every second of your life. But naturally the brain does the calculation so that you see only 1 "picture" when you look at people or things around you. But in reality light is coming through both of your eyes, so you get 2 pictures inside your head that are melted into 1 picture. If you did not have 2 eyes, you would not see things in 3D, but in 2D. And if the brain did not do the calculation automatically, you would actually see 2 pictures of everything around you, every second of your life. In addition everything you saw would also be "upside down", because the light going inside your eyes are turned upside down, but the brain manages to correct it so you see everything the "correct way".

When you shoot a photo with a 3D camera, you have to use a stereoscope over those 2 photos that are taken from different angles, and by looking through the stereoscope, your brain melt them into a 3D photo; so what you see is what you would see in reality, as if you were not looking at a photo, but at something that is for real.

This is why Brian is obsessed with this 3D thing, and are trying to explain to people how it works, because most people don't even know that photos taken with a normal camera will be in 2D, and so on. And those into this, of course think that all cameras should be 3D cameras, so that you get "true" and "real" photos of the things around you!

Because if you use a normal camera, a chance is lost forever; each moment we are taking 2D photos, is a wasted opportunity of saving a moment that could be in 3D (call it a shot of reality if you like) .

The difference between 2D and 3D is that with 3D shots, you are able to see depth and compare distances, length and heights like you do everyday without being aware of it. A 2D photo is flat, but the brain manages to see some kind of depth, but that is because of experience, and the brain does the calculation for you so fast you don't notice it. It is also because of experience that you are able to see some kind of depth with one eye closed, but in reality you don't see things in 3D with one eye, but in 2D.

This was a long answer, AND there is a 3D shot of the Robot "shock seller" holding the News Of The World album @ 0:16 in the video below, and THAT is a real 3D photo of the album and the robot holding it:

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby cmsdrums » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 am

What I meant was that Brian must not have taken any 3D shots of the artwork and/or finished album cover with his 3D cameras over the years!

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Killer Queen