U.K. 7" singles demo stamped vinyl

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

U.K. 7" singles demo stamped vinyl

Postby Tigerlee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi all...can anyone tell me exactly which 7" vinyl singles that were produced in the U.K. had the vinyl stamped with "demo not for sale"?..... I own quite a few (both in actual sleeves as well as emi company sleeves) and I also have several " factory sample" snickered ones too but I'm interested to know which singles were pressed with the vinyl stamped

Tigerlee
Spread Your Wings

Re: U.K. 7" singles demo stamped vinyl

Postby Kes » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:50 am

Does that include ones with specific "demo only "paper labels?

I'd hope so, because off the top of my head, Apart from the jukebox issues from Made In Heaven, I can't think of any embossed 7" singles that could be classed as being "stamped" as demo only. Any of those kicking about, seem to have the red and white stickers on them.

If you are including paper labels with "demo only" printed on them, usually in the removable centres of the records, then that's pretty much most of the middle catalogue, including I think all of the ones where the labels were built around the ANATO crest, through to about The Works singles.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Tigerlee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:10 pm

I have seven singles currently which have "demo record not for sale" printed onto the label.
First ep,champions,spread your wings,bicycle race,love of my life,save me and play the game all in original sleeves (love of my life is obviously in a plain sleeve)
I have two factory sample stickered singles....seven seas and somebody to love
All adds to the interesting side of collecting queen vinyl for me

Tigerlee
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:56 am

About the two most interesting ones I have, are Keep Yourself Alive, which appeared in demo form twice. The first was a regular stereo version with "demo record - not for sale" written in the centre, and the second was issued after Brian heard it on the radio, and only one channel was apparent, so he asked EMI to reissue the promo as a mono cut, with the catalogue number having the letters DJ added into it, embossed into the dead wax area.

The other, is the demo for Thank God It's Christmas, which only has Thank God It's Christmas and Man On The Prowl on the other side. No Keep Passing The Open Windows on it. That's quite rare and quite often fetches about a hundred quid.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Return to Killer Queen