Sheer heart attack

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Sheer heart attack

Postby Tigerlee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Listening to aha again today.... it had me feeling quite emotional.... you've got to imagine how amazing brian felt when returning to the fold and the feelings he must have had when he was recovering in hospital (not sure how long for) worrying about his carreer and what's happening regarding the band without him...... now I'm here took on extra significance for me today....incredible opening track to this lp too....all his efforts to get his parts out and recorded as only he can...to put with the material the other three guys had already put down ..incredibly well put together and it rivals queen2 and nots for me and a not much discussed lp in the media... which generally focuses on NATO ...which I guess along with Adatr cannot and should never be overlooked...... I'm collecting foreign 7" & 12" singles as well as foreign lp's as frantically as I did in the late eighties and early nineties and I'm loving it....I treasure my collection and I've found with queen over the years that it takes something nice like a new live release or some new footage on u tube to appear or a box set to reignite the fire regarding the band and its legacy....record fairs are something special once again and bargain finding is once again a complete joy.....recently acquired a Hungarian copy of now I'm here and champions.... WOW! I'm reminded again how fantastic these four guys were in their prime..... you'll never see the like again....

Tigerlee
Spread Your Wings

Re: Sheer heart attack

Postby Anna » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Feel the same way Tigerlee. I feel silly sometimes when I start missing Freddie and the way the band was back when. Sometimes it's hard to even watch some of the videos on you tube. I never had the privilege of seeing them in live concert but I remember well the music and the style. Glad I have a place such as this site. A support group of sorts. :-)

Anna
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:21 am

phpBB [video]

I find She Makes Me a very underrated track.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby QueenUSA » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:54 am

Sheer Heart Attack is one of the greatest hard rock albums ever...regardless of era.

QueenUSA
The Show Must Go On

Postby sebastian » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 pm

It's quite underrated. It manages to be both more complex and catchier than its predecessor.
John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger did not compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.

sebastian
The Show Must Go On

Postby Jimi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 am

its more straight ahead I feel. Q2 is a gem but they couldn't have continued in that vein.(if they wanted massive success that is)
I pretty much prefer it to all the other albums. If I was to pick a 'side' as opposed to an album it would definitely be SHA side 1.

Maybe we should do that

Best side of an album. That's a record by the way ...

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Return to Killer Queen