Things that "could" be of interest....

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Things that "could" be of interest....

Postby Kes » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:06 am

Just a general thread for people to highlight "Queen-y" things they've noticed, that other people might want to find out about.

This morning I walked into my work's canteen, and on the radio they were playing a take of the intro to Bo Rhap, I felt I hadn't heard before, and then he carried on going on about Queen for a few minutes, including clips of Somebody To Love.

The show was the Chris Moyles show on Radio X, and I guess it must have been about 09:30. His show is apparently on a podcast, so I guess I'll be trying to check it out when I get home this evening. Maybe it was something out of nothing, but the clip REALLY grabbed my attention, and I'm not sure (given the amount of times I've heard Bo Rhap on the radio), that the original version would have had that effect.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Re: Things that "could" be of interest....

Postby Cyborg » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Interesting... could it have been an amateur edit based on the multitracks?
I've made a huge mistake

Cyborg
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Don't think so. To me it sounded like a completely different take/mix.

Like most here, I've heard the song zillions of times, stereo, mono, one channel, and the other. The karaoke version, endless live versions, whatever this was, it definitely sounded different. My other half has just found it on the podcast. Update shortly.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Kes » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:56 pm

It seems like in the main they are isolated lead vocals, of Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody To Love and We Are The Champions. However, the composite they played of the Bohemian Rhapsody intro, wasn't like any other version I'd previously heard, like someone had damped down the dominant parts of it, and brought stuff normally mixed a lot lower in the sound, to the front. It's only about five minutes of the show, about three hours in, but to me, it was worth finding it and giving it another listen, only this time, with no distractions.

They also have a quick chat about the biopic.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Sir Didymus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Kes wrote:It seems like in the main they are isolated lead vocals, of Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody To Love and We Are The Champions. However, the composite they played of the Bohemian Rhapsody intro, wasn't like any other version I'd previously heard, like someone had damped down the dominant parts of it, and brought stuff normally mixed a lot lower in the sound, to the front. It's only about five minutes of the show, about three hours in, but to me, it was worth finding it and giving it another listen, only this time, with no distractions.

They also have a quick chat about the biopic.

If you play the leaked multitracks of Bo Rhap all at once, there are parts which you don't hear on the final mix, and some things are more prominent too...

The other songs have all had Rock Band stems shared online, with each component instrument mixed into one or two 'tracks'. And they're all a bit different... some songs have cobbled together outros that are totally unique for example. Maybe they're the source?
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Kes wrote:It's only about five minutes of the show, about three hours in, but to me, it was worth finding it and giving it another listen, only this time, with no distractions.

Think you could give me a rough time-stamp for when it is, so I can check it out myself?

Don't worry if you'd have to trawl through the entire show again to find it, but if you can remember roughly when it happened, I'd like to give it a listen.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Kes » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm

The show was on from 06:30 to about 10:00, and the bit was on at 09:30, so three hours in.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Leigh Burne » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Thanks, I'll see if I can track it down.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to Killer Queen