I dream of christmas - freddie vocals

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

I dream of christmas - freddie vocals

Postby Welshqueenfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Now we are finding more and more freddie versions and alternative vocal takes of queen songs, im 90% certain there is a queen version of i dream of christmas in the vaults. Whats to say it exists and brian and roger dont think its worthy for a release, just like a lot of other stuff they are holding back?

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Re: I dream of christmas - freddie vocals

Postby cmsdrums » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:54 pm

If Anita Dobson singing was deemed worthy of release by Brian then how can Freddie singing not be?! :-)

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 pm

cmsdrums wrote:If Anita Dobson singing was deemed worthy of release by Brian then how can Freddie singing not be?! :-)

Good call.

Let's face it, if there was a Freddie demo of it, and it's in the same key as the backing track Brian did for Anita's version, it wouldn't take much work, and would have probably already been released.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 am

The stories always made it sound like Brian and Roger chose "Thank God It's Christmas" before Freddie got anywhere near either track.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby slightlymad1970 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:26 pm

This question gets asked every Christmas and I just wish we would get an official confirmation from QPL

Now for the life of me I can't find the article but I seem to remember reading an interview with Brian, years ago in a guitar magazine where he confirmed a Freddie version was in the vaults, believe me I have searched high and low to find this article to no avail.

I for one think the band made the wrong decision on this one as IDOC would've been a lot more Queen sounding Christmas song and more successful than TGIC

Now I just wish QPL would commission an animated video for TGIC or perhaps even get the cast of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie to do a video!!!

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby sbrown » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 pm

slightlymad1970 wrote:This question gets asked every Christmas and I just wish we would get an official confirmation from QPL

Now for the life of me I can't find the article but I seem to remember reading an interview with Brian, years ago in a guitar magazine where he confirmed a Freddie version was in the vaults, believe me I have searched high and low to find this article to no avail.

I for one think the band made the wrong decision on this one as IDOC would've been a lot more Queen sounding Christmas song and more successful than TGIC

Now I just wish QPL would commission an animated video for TGIC or perhaps even get the cast of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie to do a video!!!

Who knows. Maybe it will be out to promote the film, backed with White Christmas.
We can but dream :)

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby sbrown » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 pm

btw, if it does exist it really just highlights that '84/'85 is just the gift that keeps on giving....

sbrown
Spread Your Wings

Postby Welshqueenfan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am

Im 90% certain it exists. It would have been ditched in favour of Thank god its christmas. Brian then gets his missus to sing on it instead. It was only the other day that we found out about Let me in your heart again. That, along with fairy feller master stroke live and sleeping on the sidewalk, who knows whats out there! Wish the band would surrender their egos, and give us all the unreleased / unfinished / demos in one huge box set.

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 pm

The movie is coming out around christmas. Would be great with a Freddie version of this song. If he never did vocals for it there could be a movie-version with Martel doing the duties. He will be singing a lot for the movie, so why not. Only an idea ;)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby BitterTears » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:48 am

I own the Anita version on 7 and 12" vinyl. The 7" came in a little cover thing with the idea you gave it to someone I guess instead of a Christmas card. I wonder if many peoole did? (I don't really wonder)

I would love to hear a Freddie version but has there ever been a hint it exists? A mention from those in the know, a snippet or confirmation it exists at a convention, a leak? I probably doesn't.. :-(

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Welshqueenfan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:13 am

we didnt hear any snippets or rumour about let me in your heart so maybe there is a version. Also, what about Marc Martel finishing off unfinished demos for an album. Like a made in heaven 2, it would be better to have unfinished songs worked on and released.

Welshqueenfan
Spread Your Wings

Postby pootle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Welshqueenfan wrote: It was only the other day that we found out about Let me in your heart again.

Well. Convention goers heard about "LMIYHA" back in the early 2000's when GB announced its existance during one of his archive sessions, and I'm sure IDOC was mentioned as well.
AND, of course, we all know about Freddie singing "Man On Fire"...

Imagine what a set could be put together for "The Works"!

pootle
Spread Your Wings

Return to Killer Queen