Retro art - spot the error

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Retro art - spot the error

Postby Roger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 pm

I mean actual Queen in their prime, but in 2017 (like I said, this is a hypothetical and slightly ridiculous measure).
I’ve seen the Stones twice - on the first occasion I bought a ticket on eBay well below face value. The second time I had a spare pair and sold them for way below face value, and that was for an arena show.

If the Stones started announcing shows at Wembley, ticket-buyers would dry up within 7 or 8 shows. If they could magically put 1986 Queen back on stage at Wembley, I reckon they could sell out an entire summer.

Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby Capt. Den Ronson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Roger wrote:I mean actual Queen in their prime, but in 2017 (like I said, this is a hypothetical and slightly ridiculous measure).

If the Stones started announcing shows at Wembley, ticket-buyers would dry up within 7 or 8 shows. If they could magically put 1986 Queen back on stage at Wembley, I reckon they could sell out an entire summer.

I would very much doubt it.

Capt. Den Ronson
The Show Must Go On

Postby Jimi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:34 am

Capt. Den Ronson wrote:
Roger wrote:I mean actual Queen in their prime, but in 2017 (like I said, this is a hypothetical and slightly ridiculous measure).

I would very much doubt it.

half the crowd would be the same people every night.
Well, if they could magically put the Beatles on from circa 69 we would be selling tickets for a lot longer.

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Makes me wonder how well the touts who'd bought up all the tickets for Michael Jackson's O2 gigs did at getting their money back. Would have been a bit awkward claiming a refund not using the same name or address on a couple of hundred (thousand, even) tickets.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Previous

Return to Killer Queen