Queen: The Final Show

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Queen: The Final Show

Postby cmsdrums » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:30 am

Can someone please point me to "all this talk" of a Wembley Stadium show please...I hadn't head anything about this so would like to catch up..is this 'semi-official rumour' or just fan gossip based on nothing? Thanks.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Someone posted on Queenzone that a relative who worked for a promoter had told them about 4 stadium dates in the summer (1 in Manchester, 1 in Glasgow and 2 at Wembley). Could have been something, could have been nothing. However, a day or two later, Brian posted on Instragram a picture of Wembley on the Queen Monopoly board with the caption (something like) 'Go straight to Wembley Stadium....I couldn't resist'.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 pm

icy wrote:The Killers, are pretty good. I think they could pull off something like DLYH?
I didn't add Thunder just because they are one of my favorite bands. I have heard them do an amazing cover of CLTCL. I was very impressed by that. Probably one of my most played Queen coves honestly.
Oi! Poor Bryan :lol: . The reason I added him is because he can do rock and pop pretty well. I'd give him AKOM.
Madonna...maybe something from Hot Space?

I wish Brian and Roger would end thier live career this way, but I think the will stick with Lambert as they have been doing. Which is kind of sad, because the music could suit other voices, and give other artists a chance to sing Queen songs. It's actually bittersweet to think about Brian and Roger retiring whenever that will be. I wouldn't mind a concert with just them to close their live career chapter.

I used to have all The Killers' albums some years back; and I loved the Wembley song they did a while back - especially the Freddie part obviously. Good band.

Bryan Adams just comes across as so dull to me. But then I am an arse. But, I am right about Madonna not being able to sing - I wouldn't even let her touch Body Language...and I loathe that song! :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:42 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:What, are we all forgetting about The Darkness? You know if there's some sort of "Queen + multiple guests" concert, they'd be likely to be involved.

Christ, I hope not. To me, they truly are the poor man's Queen. I like Justin (he seems a nice enough chap), but I think they lack any substance at all. Maybe they can do some backing vocals? :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 pm

TheHero wrote:I don't think they will say a final show.
As long as they can play, they won't end.

If they are lucky to live 10 years from now, they
will be around 80 years old.

Be grateful for every year from now on..

But do any of us really want that? Come on, there is nothing worse than watching old rockers way past their prime knackered on stage. I would much rather them bow out on top form.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:07 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
icy wrote:The Killers, are pretty good. I think they could pull off something like DLYH?
I didn't add Thunder just because they are one of my favorite bands. I have heard them do an amazing cover of CLTCL. I was very impressed by that. Probably one of my most played Queen coves honestly.
Oi! Poor Bryan :lol: . The reason I added him is because he can do rock and pop pretty well. I'd give him AKOM.
Madonna...maybe something from Hot Space?

I wish Brian and Roger would end thier live career this way, but I think the will stick with Lambert as they have been doing. Which is kind of sad, because the music could suit other voices, and give other artists a chance to sing Queen songs. It's actually bittersweet to think about Brian and Roger retiring whenever that will be. I wouldn't mind a concert with just them to close their live career chapter.

I used to have all The Killers' albums some years back; and I loved the Wembley song they did a while back - especially the Freddie part obviously. Good band.

Bryan Adams just comes across as so dull to me. But then I am an arse. But, I am right about Madonna not being able to sing - I wouldn't even let her touch Body Language...and I loathe that song! :P

I think The Killers are very good. Maybe my favorite "new" band of the last decade or so. :mrgreen:
Bryan Adams is so private and usually out of the public eye unless he is working. He isn't the typical rock star, put it that way. I find that refreshing.
Madonna's voice isn't what it used to be, for sure, even I'd admit to that. I was thinking Dancer if I had to choose a song for her to sing.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby JLP » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 am

I remember a conversation during the last QPR tour from the previous board about how people would hate to miss the very last show by Queen. Now those same people, myself included, are just indifferent to the concept, it is frightening. And I include people who make me look like a casual fan.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby hotspace1966 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 am

Although for me the last Queen show will always be Knebworth 1986, i do remember feeling excited by the thought of seeing Brian and Roger again when they returned with Paul Rogers, i also enjoyed the intimate show in Brixton and the subsequent tour. Did not enjoy the Cosmos rocks tour as much and also did not feel the same excitement with AL and although i saw them a number of times could not bring myself to part with money on the last tour.
I am very indifferent about whether i get to see the last show if indeed it is.

Whilst i would i would not probably participate they could carry on touring in the fashion the Stones have adopted.
No long arena tours but around 14 stadium dates spanning around 3/4 weeks in Europe followed by 6 months break and then repeat if they feel the need or want in another part of the world. ( assuming there would be enough interest to fill large stadiums for Queen and AL ).

With the Summer stadium date rumor gathering momentum and possibly some validity i also feel a little sad that i am so indifferent and unexcited by the prospect that this may be the last show of this size Brian and Roger are part of. However that is not to say i do not understand the reason for undertaking such a tour and also the enjoyment it will bring to many thousands of people. I am just glad i managed to see them as many times as i did when they truly were Queen and made a number of friends along the way.

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:44 am

JLP wrote:I remember a conversation during the last QPR tour from the previous board about how people would hate to miss the very last show by Queen. Now those same people, myself included, are just indifferent to the concept, it is frightening. And I include people who make me look like a casual fan.

That's because they are not Queen anymore. I get that. Of course, the essence of Queen is still there, the founding members are still there, but it is not Queen.

I just think it would be a nice idea to do an audience with/Storytellers style televised gig after the big shows are done and dusted.

At the end of the day, I don't think many of us diehards get excited about the new live stuff anymore (tbh, the only time I watch the QAL clips online is to primarily to watch the Freddie bits); but I would like a fitting closing chapter with various performers (so that there is something for virtually every fan, instead of one singer).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 am

musicalprostitute wrote:
JLP wrote:I remember a conversation during the last QPR tour from the previous board about how people would hate to miss the very last show by Queen. Now those same people, myself included, are just indifferent to the concept, it is frightening. And I include people who make me look like a casual fan.

That's because they are not Queen anymore. I get that. Of course, the essence of Queen is still there, the founding members are still there, but it is not Queen.

I just think it would be a nice idea to do an audience with/Storytellers style televised gig after the big shows are done and dusted.

At the end of the day, I don't think many of us diehards get excited about the new live stuff anymore (tbh, the only time I watch the QAL clips online is to primarily to watch the Freddie bits); but I would like a fitting closing chapter with various performers (so that there is something for virtually every fan, instead of one singer).

:agreepost:
As well as to give other artists the chance to play with Brian and Roger. Queen's music still has influence in many ways after all.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm

icy wrote::agreepost:
As well as to give other artists the chance to play with Brian and Roger. Queen's music still has influence in many ways after all.

That's the thing about Queen's music: it has the power to transcend time and fashion and is loved so much by so many that I think it deserves to be heard (especially in a live setting) for as long as possible.

And let's face it, no matter what anyone thinks of Adam with Queen they would sell shit-all tickets if the music was merely average (they certainly wouldn't sell out); Same with the WWRY musical (surely the worst storybook/plot in musical history): without THAT music it would have flopped on opening week.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:43 pm

musicalprostitute wrote:
The__KingOfRhye wrote:What, are we all forgetting about The Darkness? You know if there's some sort of "Queen + multiple guests" concert, they'd be likely to be involved.

Christ, I hope not. To me, they truly are the poor man's Queen. I like Justin (he seems a nice enough chap), but I think they lack any substance at all. Maybe they can do some backing vocals? :P

I've loved them since Permission to Land, myself. As a matter of fact, I think I might just have to go through and listen to all their albums today now that I'm saying this. :P But I mean, like em or not, there's the obvious connection now, in Rufus, ya know? (who is a damn good drummer, btw)

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:52 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
I've loved them since Permission to Land, myself. As a matter of fact, I think I might just have to go through and listen to all their albums today now that I'm saying this. :P But I mean, like em or not, there's the obvious connection now, in Rufus, ya know? (who is a damn good drummer, btw)

Yeah, there are a good couple of connections that would ensure their participation: their obvious love of Queen (and one just has to respect a man who has a Hot Space tattoo) and Rufus.

What song/s do you think they would cover well?

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby cmsdrums » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:18 pm

The Darkness were due to play (I think Seven Seas of Rhye) with them at Hyde Park with Paul Rodgers, but after the date was shifted following the London bombings, they couldn’t make the new date.

cmsdrums
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm

cmsdrums wrote:The Darkness were due to play (I think Seven Seas of Rhye) with them at Hyde Park with Paul Rodgers, but after the date was shifted following the London bombings, they couldn’t make the new date.

I never knew that. :)

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to Killer Queen