Nominate Queen-A Night At The Opera Library of Congress

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Nominate Queen-A Night At The Opera Library of Congress

Postby rberto1963 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Hello,

With Queen receiving the life time achievement aware at this years Grammy's. I think it is about time that A Night At The Opera should be nominated to the recording preservation program with the US Library of Congress ( lets do this before Trump blows up the world with North Korea! LOL joking, i hope). The link to the site is https://www.loc.gov/programs/national-r ... /nominate/

There are options as to how to contact them. I sent an e-mail explaining the reasons for preservation. I think if enough people send in a request, especially the American fans, we can get this done. You can also look at the list of recordings that are already preserved in the library and there is no reason why Queen and ANATO should not be part of this collection.

Thanks and regards,
PS If i had my way, the entire catalog would be preserved with the Library of Congress :D

Regards

rberto1963
Spread Your Wings

Re: Nominate Queen-A Night At The Opera Library of Congress

Postby Guru » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Does the library of congress care about non-US stuff? Are the Beatles / Zeppelin in?

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Re: Nominate Queen-A Night At The Opera Library of Congress

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:06 pm

No disrespect to the original poster, but I couldn't give a single shit if any of the American music organisations accept them or not; The States has ignored this band for years (too English?) and not shown them the respect they deserve.

Now if only Brian and Roger would step away from their obsession with Queen in America...

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Return to Killer Queen