Body Language!

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Body Language!

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Kes wrote:
The quote was in response to a question about when Queen's next tour was likely to be. As I remember it the reply was along the lines of "Well, there's not much you can do when your singer suddenly has these moments where he can't see anything. That could be very dangerous on the sorts of stages we use. Let's see if he can get it fixed, and we'll play it from there."

Speaking of the tour rumours in the years Freddie was ill, do you recall there being a very strong rumour that they were going to do a few select gigs for The Miracle album? I might be talking out of my posterior here (it has been known), but I distinctly remember reading or hearing somewhere about a proposed Miracle Pavilion Tour (or something like that!).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby hotspace1966 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:00 pm

I personally am unable to recall any rumors surrounding a possible Miracle tour as you have mentioned, but lot's of years have past and my memory is fuzzy. I seem to remember thinking that 'The Miracle' video was shot using part of a live rig so maybe this gave rise to some hope. Like i said long time ago and its been years since i have watched that video as well so i may just be talking bollocks !!!...was there a Miracle video ep ? think i may have that stored in my loft somewhere.
One day i will sort all my old crap out and may bring back some clearer memories.

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm

hotspace1966 wrote:I personally am unable to recall any rumors surrounding a possible Miracle tour as you have mentioned, but lot's of years have past and my memory is fuzzy. I seem to remember thinking that 'The Miracle' video was shot using part of a live rig so maybe this gave rise to some hope. Like i said long time ago and its been years since i have watched that video as well so i may just be talking bollocks !!!...was there a Miracle video ep ? think i may have that stored in my loft somewhere.
One day i will sort all my old crap out and may bring back some clearer memories.

Cheers mate. I think I remember a Miracle video EP too - but memory can be a deceiving little shit! I have a loft full of random Queen goods too.

Now I think about it, I do definitely recall there being a strong rumour about a small, intimate Miracle tour - maybe it was in one of the FC mags at the time? Fuck knows! :P

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Kes » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:38 am

There was a strong indication from the fanclub that a follow up album to The Miracle was in the pipeline, that included B sides, extended mixes and some new tracks, but as we all know now, that evolved into a new stand alone album called Innuendo.

I guess much the way that some tracks originally intended as B sides for the Innuendo singles, formed the basis for Made In Heaven
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby bigV » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:45 am

fairydandy wrote:
bigV wrote:
This from the man who wrote Bohemian Rhapsody... :roll:

W.

He lost his way a bit didn't he? :? I suppose it was all those clubs in Munich! Nothing wrong with club music, but Freddie never quite got it right, in that respect.

The only one of them who got club music is John, in my opinion. Back Chat is probably the most dance-able song they recorded. One Year of Love is the perfect tune for slow-dancing. For a guy who couldn't sing his way out of a paper bag, he sure had rhythm ;)

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby musicalprostitute » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Kes wrote:There was a strong indication from the fanclub that a follow up album to The Miracle was in the pipeline, that included B sides, extended mixes and some new tracks, but as we all know now, that evolved into a new stand alone album called Innuendo.

I guess much the way that some tracks originally intended as B sides for the Innuendo singles, formed the basis for Made In Heaven

But do you recall anything about a proposed Miracle Pavilion Tour? This is bugging the shit out of me now - I just don't know where I got the information from...and I know I didn't dream it.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby bigV » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Kes wrote:There was a strong indication from the fanclub that a follow up album to The Miracle was in the pipeline, that included B sides, extended mixes and some new tracks, but as we all know now, that evolved into a new stand alone album called Innuendo.

Wasn't that supposed to be called "Another Miracle"? I seem to recall reading that somewhere. I even made my own compilation - 10 tracks, as you describe.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby Lover Boy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 am

I've got to say. I've learned so much from just that past few posts. Thanks, guys. :)

So I gave Body Language another listen finally. It really doesn't offend me. It jut upsets me that on this particular track the band felt further apart. Someone said earlier it might as well be on the Mr. Bad Guy album. Though honestly, I think it's better than most if not all the songs on MBG. There are often times I have a craving to listen to the album but then quickly get turned off by the production and quality of the material. What a let down.

Lover Boy
We Will Rock You

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby icy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:13 am

Can I ask you a question. Did you feel Innuendo was rushed?
It amazes me what the guys put together and pulled together at such a time. Freddie's vocals are simply awe inspiring...the guts and determination the man had is incredible. Thinking about it makes me tear up but so proud of him, Brian, Roger and John.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Spook2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am

musicalprostitute wrote:

But do you recall anything about a proposed Miracle Pavilion Tour? This is bugging the shit out of me now - I just don't know where I got the information from...and I know I didn't dream it.

it was mentioned in the fan club mag that a one off concert at a smallish venue in London, cant remember where,

I do recall this

also sure it was on the answerphone message that Jackie used to leave we upcoming news
them where the days, - you would phone in and listen to the latest news.

Spook2
Spread Your Wings

Postby Woody70 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:44 am

I do remember talk of The Miracle Pavillion ‘tour’ - IIRC the suggestion was a live performance of the album released on video. Not sure it was suggested as a tour as such but a one off. The idea was definately floated in a F C magazine.

As you look back on things, given the position they were in, I do wonder whether this was a bit of mis-direction to quell the demand for live shows and to take some of the attention away from Fred not being able to tour at the time. Suggesting they were developing ‘live’ ideas bought them some time before announcing that they were going back into the studio. That seems to fit with the approach they took to protect Fred in the last few years.

Woody70
Spread Your Wings

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 am

Lover Boy wrote:I've got to say. I've learned so much from just that past few posts. Thanks, guys. :)

So I gave Body Language another listen finally. It really doesn't offend me. It jut upsets me that on this particular track the band felt further apart. Someone said earlier it might as well be on the Mr. Bad Guy album. Though honestly, I think it's better than most if not all the songs on MBG. There are often times I have a craving to listen to the album but then quickly get turned off by the production and quality of the material. What a let down.

It always amazes me that Freddie would have cared so little about the overall production of MBG; I think that if he had recorded it some years earlier he would have given the whole thing much more love and attention (as opposed to recording it during his most hedonistic years).

But, saying that, I love many of the tracks on there (and I know I am in the minority of Queen fans who feel this way), especially LMLTNT (and the demo versions on the Freddie box set were wonderful too), MMP and TMBMTLTT...and Mr Bad Guy (the song) was quite a quirky little fucker too. Some great song ideas let down by a lack of attention and bad production; I think Freddie - at this stage of his career - just wanted to get in the studio, sing his heart out, and then fuck off out of there.

And I have to respectfully disagree about BL being better than most of/all the songs on MBG: it doesn't touch the majority of them, imo. And at least Freddie sang with passion on most of those MBG tracks; whereas he sounds like he couldn't give a shit on Body Language. Hate the song, really hate the sleazy video, but respect them for having the balls as a major rock band to put it out there in the first place.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:47 am

Spook2 wrote:
musicalprostitute wrote:

it was mentioned in the fan club mag that a one off concert at a smallish venue in London, cant remember where,

I do recall this

also sure it was on the answerphone message that Jackie used to leave we upcoming news
them where the days, - you would phone in and listen to the latest news.

Cheers mate.

I remember that bloody answering machine; it seems so quaint now: phoning in to hear the latest news. And then waiting months for the next FC magazine (which was invariably late...but I would re-read that little rag over and over back in the day).

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:53 am

Woody70 wrote:I do remember talk of The Miracle Pavillion ‘tour’ - IIRC the suggestion was a live performance of the album released on video. Not sure it was suggested as a tour as such but a one off. The idea was definately floated in a F C magazine.

As you look back on things, given the position they were in, I do wonder whether this was a bit of mis-direction to quell the demand for live shows and to take some of the attention away from Fred not being able to tour at the time. Suggesting they were developing ‘live’ ideas bought them some time before announcing that they were going back into the studio. That seems to fit with the approach they took to protect Fred in the last few years.

Thank you. :) I knew I had heard about this from somewhere.

You may be right about the band using a bit of slight of hand, so to speak: they were constantly being asked if they were going to tour again, Freddie didn't look his same old self (although he did not look too ill at this stage) and it had never been known for them not to tour an album; what better way to make things seem fine and normal? I wonder what it was that put a complete stop to that proposal? Maybe Freddie realised he just physically couldn't do it anymore and did not want to finish his live career not on top form?

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby hotspace1966 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Wow... i remember the Fan Club Answer machine, first thing i would do when i got into work was check for any updated important information. Seems very antiquated know but i seem to remember that it worked.
As far as i know Fan Club Members always got the gen on upcoming info and were always sorted for tickets.
2nd row center for 2 shows at Wembley in 84 is testament to that. Although they did muck up on the other 2 dates but managed to sort me out in a round a bout sort of way.
Fan Club Mag like you mention was always late due to printers or waiting on the band to send their letter but i always remember feeling part of something special with the best band in the world. Happy innocent times of a more simple way gone forever. I also remember having to send them a batch of pre- paid envelopes and they would send updated info back to you in...lol
Fan club incidentally also came through for tickets of Brian playing acoustic at Virgin Mega store London, great show that and never did hear any recordings of it.

Incidentally i remember first playing MBG and having no preconceptions as to how it would sound in relation to Queen and loved it, back then i was no audiophile so no way could i tell that it was not a great productions, didn't really matter as i loved the songs, haven't played the album in years so must give it a spin again soon, pretty sure i won't change my thoughts on the album. Although i must add Fun In Space still remains my favorite solo album by the band members.

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Killer Queen