Jazz album 40th Anniversary ?

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Jazz album 40th Anniversary ?

Postby slightlymad1970 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:02 pm

If you look at the current tour set list Jazz has the joint most songs played and as stated before Don't Stop Me Now has turned into a monster hit for the band.

ANATO - 3 (I don't count GSTQ)
NOTW - 3 (I don't count WWRY twice)
The Works - 3
Jazz - 3
SHA - 2
ADATR - 2
The Game - 2
AKOM - 2
Hot Space - 1
The Miracle - 1
Innuendo - 1

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby hotspace1966 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:25 pm

I would like to see Jazz get some special treatment. Possibly incorporating Live Killers that brings the 2 together.
For some reason i always see them as somehow linked anyway.

Learn from NOTW release improve upon that, re mix Jazz add any rare items/demo's and include the Kampuchea gig and a fully expanded Live Killers and we have a possible belter of release in my opinion.
Can't see this happening but i can dream...

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Postby Peace Loving Guy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 pm

hotspace1966 wrote:I would like to see Jazz get some special treatment. Possibly incorporating Live Killers that brings the 2 together.
For some reason i always see them as somehow linked anyway.

Learn from NOTW release improve upon that, re mix Jazz add any rare items/demo's and include the Kampuchea gig and a fully expanded Live Killers and we have a possible belter of release in my opinion.
Can't see this happening but i can dream...

I'd buy this. Sounds great.

I think the criticisms of Jazz's production are hugely exaggerated because lots of fans didn't like the album. Surely, the 99% of people listening to Fat Bottomed Girls, Bicycle Race and Don't Stop Me Now on Greatest Hits aren't thinking "gee, what was Roy Thomas Baker doing?". I also highly regard Mustapha and love the bass on Let Me Entertain You. And More of that jazz is the coolest, dirtiest, grungiest rock song ever, (only partially ruined by the stupid gimmick). I'd love to here more of that jazz without the album teaser disaster. I also like the abstract album cover and the photos of the band.

Peace Loving Guy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Leigh Burne » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Like I said before, Jazz is actually one of my favourites by the band. I've never really had an issue with the production. But I still don't see it having the kind of iconic quality News of the World has. I get why they made a big deal out of that one (mostly because of those two tracks, which are literally icons of pop culture). As popular as "Don't Stop Me Now" might be in some places, it's no "We Will Rock You" or "We Are the Champions", not by a long shot.

Peace Loving Guy wrote:And More of that jazz is the coolest, dirtiest, grungiest rock song ever, (only partially ruined by the stupid gimmick). I'd love to here more of that jazz without the album teaser disaster.

One of the first things I did when I got some audio editing software was cut that bit out. It's actually really easy to do and have it sound seamless.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Hutchence » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:40 pm

It seems that Slash is a big fan of Jazz album:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars ... ffs-599705

Hutchence
Spread Your Wings

Postby hotspace1966 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Personally i have no problem with them giving most of the albums some form of special treatment whether they are considered iconic or not.
I would also drop the 40th Anniversary thing and bang them out at least 1 release per year, lets face it they know what they have in the archive in respect of each album so i would guess it would be pretty easy to collate and release

hotspace1966
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Killer Queen