De Agostini - Queen The Vinyl Collection 2018

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: De Agostini - Queen The Vinyl Collection 2018

Postby Hutchence » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 pm

I have a question regarding the DeAgostini release of Live Killers.

We all know that LK album wasn't included in 2011. 40th anniversary series/ remasters. So, what is the source for this 2018 release? Are they using the original masters from 1979., did they remaster it as well in 2011 but eventually shelved this project/ release...?!

I'm not an audiophile nor too familiar with the technical terms but I do hope everyone understands what I mean :)

Hutchence
Spread Your Wings

Postby Sir Didymus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 am

Hutchence wrote:I have a question regarding the DeAgostini release of Live Killers.

We all know that LK album wasn't included in 2011. 40th anniversary series/ remasters. So, what is the source for this 2018 release? Are they using the original masters from 1979., did they remaster it as well in 2011 but eventually shelved this project/ release...?!

I'm not an audiophile nor too familiar with the technical terms but I do hope everyone understands what I mean :)

It was previously remastered in 2003 for a new CD release, which drastically improved the sound quality over the previous CD issue. I'd imagine they'd use that - but it's also possible that they're using a brand new master which would indicate that a full reissue is probably forthcoming.
"Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do f*** all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song."
The Count

Sir Didymus
Suburban Wonderfox

Postby Hutchence » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Sir Didymus wrote:It was previously remastered in 2003 for a new CD release, which drastically improved the sound quality over the previous CD issue. I'd imagine they'd use that - but it's also possible that they're using a brand new master which would indicate that a full reissue is probably forthcoming.

I've totally forgotten about the 2003 release.

This is what I've found out about it:

"The 2003 update of "Queen Live Killers" on CD features the latest digitally re-mastered sound,
created for the Japanese re-issue in 2001, from the 1979 analogue production master mix tapes."

Hutchence
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Killer Queen