De Agostini - Queen The Vinyl Collection 2018

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

De Agostini - Queen The Vinyl Collection 2018

Postby TheHero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:20 pm

On 24th February 2018, global partwork publisher DeAgostini is launching, in association with Queen Productions Ltd. and Universal Music Group, Queen The Vinyl Collection. Featuring 25 albums, it will be available to purchase online (for Italy only) and in newsagents all across Italy.

Read press release here:
http://www.queenonline.com/news/press-r ... d-in-italy

https://www.deagostini.com/it/collezioni/queen-vinile/
Last edited by TheHero on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: De Agostini - Queen The Vinyl Collection

Postby TheHero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 pm

I liked this part: :cool:

The collection is completed with six live concert albums, among them the long out-of-print Live Killers and a brand new presentation of Live At Wembley Stadium, on triple LP for the first time.

Each album is accompanied by an illustrated 8-page magazine containing the stories behind the group’s renowned recordings. With notes by Queen archivist and writer Greg Brooks (in consultation with Queen publicist Phil Symes and longtime expert fan Jim Jenkins), each issue reveals fascinating details about the creation of the album, including the poignant recording sessions for the last two albums with Freddie, and the key tracks therein, and features quotes and insights from all four members of the band, as well as rare photos, record sleeves and poster art.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby TheHero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 pm

So, as I understand it, you have to subscribe to all of the albums, even if you want one of them only?
Or you may have to live in Italy?

Another question; the 8-page magazine that comes with each of the albums, is it Italian language, or English too?

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby imthewalrus79 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

TheHero wrote:So, as I understand it, you have to subscribe to all of the albums, even if you want one of them only?
Or you may have to live in Italy?

Another question; the 8-page magazine that comes with each of the albums, is it Italian language, or English too?

De Agostini just completed a similar set with The Beatles in Italy with it soon to complete in England. If this Queen set follows the same format, it will start in Italy, then be issued in England and eventually Japan. It looks like you can subscribe to the set in Italy right now which means you will be mailed a copy of every album/magazine set as it's released along with some bonus items. Or, if you're only looking for certain albums, you can keep track of when they're released and what businesses/newsagents will be carrying them and pick them up there on release day.

Unfortunately, if you don't live in Italy (or any other countries who will have the collection), unless they decide to put these magazine/album combos up for sale on the Queen Store (which is something The Beatles did NOT do with their collection), you're only real choice is to look at sites like Ebay to get any of these albums when they are released.

I will say that the albums I got from their Beatles Collection were great. Nice flat vinyl and great sounding pressings. They did have an issue with the "A Hard Day's Night" album, cutting off the beginning of the opening chord of the title song. But they did re-press the album correctly and sent out replacement copies, from what I've read, as I didn't buy that title myself.

imthewalrus79
Spread Your Wings

Re: De Agostini - Queen The Vinyl Collection 2018

Postby stagnation » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 pm

imthewalrus79 wrote:
De Agostini just completed a similar set with The Beatles in Italy with it soon to complete in England.

The Beatles one fully completed in the UK on the first week of January. I collected some of the issues (as i had most of the LP's from the initial reissues from 2012], and they were really nice. Artwork reproduction is as you would expect from buying it from a store. Sound quality is fantastic.

Don't be expecting ground breaking info from the added booklet, if the Beatles ones are anything to go buy its mainly got info that you would probably know anyway. Inside cover usually has the tracklisting of the album and the last page is an advert for the next issue, So really it's a 4 four page booklet.

Rumour has it that will be appearing in the UK at some point. Some fellow subscribers of the Beatles collection have received emails advertising the Queen collection's imminent presence in the UK. Watch this space... Italy was always a month or so ahead of the game.

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:45 pm

phpBB [video]

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby AlexKx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:43 am

Damn! That shit looks sweet! They never released the glorious book versions of everything like they did in Italy and Spain so the way all this shit is working is you have to miss everything to take a chance of it coming somewhere else! Fuck that! I'm already hooking myself up with someone to buy from. It really sucks but there you go. I guess we will never know why these things happen the way they do. Outside and other than to getcha' to purchase them more than one, huh? There in lies probably the answer. Hmmmm...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:04 am

Eh, the book versions of the c.d.s from 2008 and whenever the Spanish ones were released...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby stagnation » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm

TheHero wrote:
phpBB [video]

That point where drags the book across the disc at 3:35 :(

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:59 pm

First impressions are rather good, looks like a really nice set to collect if you like that sort of thing, yes I know for some fans it could be described as another cash grab but for others it's exactly the sort of product Queen should be releasing for the Queen Collectors amongst us.

Can we please have official confirmation from QPL as to whether this will be released in the UK as was The Beatles set. This isn't a cheap commitment for a fan as the whole collection works out at roughly 600 euros, so confirmation of a UK release and prices would be good.

I don't want an official statement but surely someone from QOL that reads these forums can simply say YES or NO to a future UK release. Thanks in anticipation :-D

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby TheHero » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 pm

phpBB [video]

If you ever consider buying these, it would be wise to
watch this video. If not, you might get yourself into a whole lot of trouble. Very disappointing.

I think I will stick to the original Queen versions from The Studio Collection.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby stagnation » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:40 am

TheHero wrote:
phpBB [video]

If you ever consider buying these, it would be wise to
watch this video. If not, you might get yourself into a whole lot of trouble. Very disappointing.

I think I will stick to the original Queen versions from The Studio Collection.

This is not a reason to not do the subscription.

There was one issue which was 'A Hard Days Night', in which there was a problem with the opening chord of the title track, in which the first second was Clipped. Now this was nothing to do with Diagostini, it was to do with the fact that Sean Macgee at Abbey Road made an error when cutting the record and unfortunately it slipped through the net and went to the pressing stage.

The main problem was that Diagostini didn't really understand what the problem was, why would they? they are a magazine publisher not a record label. They thought the only way to solve the issue was just send a new copy of the album out to the subscribers. Obviously the problem still occurred.

It was only until Sean Macgee at Abbey Road admitted that there was a problem and Universal/Apple did something about it and got fresh copies pressed up with the intro fixed. Obviously this did take some time but new copies are starting to arrive at Subscribers address now.

I'm always wary of these guys that do videos on YouTube, half the time they are playing to an audience and earn money from viewings, and moan for the sake of it and unfortunately things can blown out of proportion on the internet.

Okay so Diagostini probably didn't handle it very well, but it did get resolved eventually. But i guess they will have learned from their mistakes for the Queen set.

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:44 pm

TV Advert
phpBB [video]

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby slightlymad1970 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:16 am

After contacting DeAgostini about a future UK release of this collection this is the reply I received, read into it what you want.

We can not currently confirm if the collection will be launched in England, however we do recommend that you subscribe to our newsletter and like our social media pages so you can be 1st in line to know when it does.

Should you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
DeAgostini Admin

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby bigV » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:48 pm

I'm in Italy now, I saw the first issue on sale. 10 Euros is a fair price, I think I'll buy it.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Next

Return to Killer Queen