Heaven For Everyone - vote!

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

I prefer...

The Queen album version
80%
The Cross version with Freddie on vocals
20%
The Cross version with Roger on vocals
No votes

Total votes : 10

Heaven For Everyone - vote!

Postby fairydandy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:35 am

Do you prefer 'The Cross' version of Heaven For Everyone (Freddie Vocals) more than the Queen album version? I prefer it personally.

https://youtu.be/RjjA3j1YhEQ

Or perhaps you prefer Roger's vocals!

https://youtu.be/G7oCFCDR4NA

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: Heaven For Everyone - vote!

Postby slightlymad1970 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm

I voted for the Queen version but in all honesty I like them all. As for the song itself it's not an absolute favourite but nice to listen to every so often.

I still think it was a mistake to have this as the lead single off MIH, personally would've gone for A Winters Tale or You Don't Fool Me both much better songs in my opinion.

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 am

I like the Cross version with Freddie on vocals, but I honestly think the Queen version is one of the most underrated songs they ever did, so that easily wins.

Don't much like the Roger-led version at all. Just don't like the way he sings it.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby musicalprostitute » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 am

I voted the Queen version. I certainly do not think this is the band at their finest, but it is still a strong track with some blistering guitar work and some soft, beautiful vocals from The Man. Definitely not the finest track from the album (A Winter's Tale does it for me), but a worthy Queen number nonetheless.

musicalprostitute
Don't Stop Me Now

Defend yourself, I bring catastrophe

Postby Another_Roger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:12 pm

I prefer the Queen version by far. The vocals from Freddie is stunning. To sing the verses like he does is in fact very hard. As for single I think Made in Heaven or A winters tale should have been chosen. I do not understand why so many likes You dont fool me. It has a good guitar solo, and thats about it for me! :)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby BitterTears » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Was just checking Wikipedia as was wondering if it managed number 1 in any country (no, according to wikipedia) but on The Cross version...it mentions that Roger Taylor is the person that does the spoken bit, you know about imagining the sun as it shines off the clouds and I had never even crossed my mind before it was Rogee. Is it? I don't think it sounds like him at all but maybe it was because he was putting on a 'formal' voice.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby fairydandy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Another_Roger wrote:I prefer the Queen version by far. The vocals from Freddie is stunning. To sing the verses like he does is in fact very hard. As for single I think Made in Heaven or A winters tale should have been chosen. I do not understand why so many likes You dont fool me. It has a good guitar solo, and thats about it for me! :)

I agree about YDFM. I also agree about A Winter's Tale!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:40 pm

BitterTears wrote:Was just checking Wikipedia as was wondering if it managed number 1 in any country (no, according to wikipedia) but on The Cross version...it mentions that Roger Taylor is the person that does the spoken bit, you know about imagining the sun as it shines off the clouds and I had never even crossed my mind before it was Rogee. Is it? I don't think it sounds like him at all but maybe it was because he was putting on a 'formal' voice.

Doesn't sound like him at all!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Return to Killer Queen