Queen - "Hang On In There"

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Re: Queen - "Hang On In There"

Postby Fizzle » Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Lover Boy wrote:I feel like the only fan who loves Party/Khashoggi's Ship. They're one of my favorite album openers. It's Queen letting it loose and just jamming. 8-)

As for Hang On In There, yeah, it's pretty awesome. I'd have picked it over MBDM and RMF. God there were so many great tracks that didn't make it to The Miracle. Stealin' and Hijack My Heart are personal favorites.

I'm with you, I've always thought Party & Khashoggi's Ship made a killer album opener and I have always had a soft spot for the whole Miracle album.

As for Hang On In There, I know this sounds crazy (but I'm sure you other die-hards have sentimental feelings toward certain Queen songs), but after a scary car accident when I was younger, I was on my way to the hospital in an ambulance when this song popped into my head, and it helped me calm down. I'll always remember that, and I'll always love this song.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Postby BitterTears » Mon May 28, 2018 10:36 pm

Always loved Hijack My Heart, although it might as well be a Roger solo track. It sounds so much like a Roger song and not just because of the vocal. I even like that demo of it that you can hear online that is 90% maraca.

Would be very interested in a expanded edition of Miracle. Don't know if it's remotely on the cards but there must be a decent amount of stuff available.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Peace Loving Guy » Tue May 29, 2018 1:17 pm

As far as I'm concerned, Hang On In There is on the Miracle. Who the hell over the age of 13 didn't buy the album on CD when it was released in 1989? Did anyone really think the vinyl/cassette version was the definitive release?

Also, I've always felt that the only reason Highjack My Heart isn't on the album is because Roger was singing it, and the days of anyone other than Freddie singing lead on a Queen album were long gone by this point.

Peace Loving Guy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Action This Day » Tue May 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Lover Boy wrote:I feel like the only fan who loves Party/Khashoggi's Ship

You are not alone. I particularly love Khashoggi's Ship. There's a bootleg from the NOTW tour where Brain plays some of the riffs from the latter part of Khashoggi's during his solo spot.

Peace Loving Guy wrote:Who the hell over the age of 13 didn't buy the album on CD when it was released in 1989?

Me, as I couldn't afford it and didn't have a CD player anyway. I bought the cassette version.

Peace Loving Guy wrote:Did anyone really think the vinyl/cassette version was the definitive release?

The vinyl/cassette 10-song version was the official/definitive release. The CD was marketed as having 'bonus tracks' to justify it's heftier pricetag. Diehard fans like me already had HOIT through the IWIA single anyway.

Action This Day
We Will Rock You

Postby stagnation » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Action This Day wrote:
Lover Boy wrote:
Peace Loving Guy wrote:Who the hell over the age of 13 didn't buy the album on CD when it was released in 1989?

Me, as I couldn't afford it and didn't have a CD player anyway. I bought the cassette version.

Me too - i bought it from Woolworths - happy days.

In fact most of the Queen albums when I was "exploring" the catalog was either on Vinyl or Cassette. Still have them! CD's were still quite expensive back then, somewhere between £12 to £15.

Before i earned my own money the only Queen albums i had on CD were Hot Space, The Works (both 1994 digital remasters) and Made In Heaven when that came out in 1995.

stagnation
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Killer Queen