Freddie Mercury vs Adam Lambert….best singer

Serious discussion about the band known as QUEEN.

Freddie Mercury vs Adam Lambert….best singer

Freddie Mercury
95%
Adam Lambert
5%

Total votes : 21

Re: Freddie Mercury vs Adam Lambert….best singer

Postby Inny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:55 pm

YAFF wrote:I played along but this is as ridiculous as asking what's better? Receiving oral sex or getting kicked in the junk?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't bait me!
I do no harm but I take no crap...

Inny
Don't Stop Me Now

叙情詩

Postby TheHero » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Check this:

Wembley : Friday or Saturday?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt8Jx-FAUdK ... y9mt6fht21
You really think they like to rock in space? Well, I don't know. What do you know?

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:Range: Adam probably has the biggest range. But I think he hits high notes badly. Freddie has more power in the lower register. I dont know who has the biggest though.

According to the site "The Range Place" Adam's range is E2-B5, while Freddie's was F2-D6, so Freddie wins that one, but not by much. By a whole step/major second, if I'm figuring that right.

As for my own opinion, I am a fan of Adam (and I think he hits high notes pretty damn well!) but I also think Freddie was possibly the best rock singer of all time, so there ya go. :D

Yes, Freddie’s range was bigger. But I actually believe, that Freddie did show his whole range, including the whistle register. Adam‘s range on these sites doesn’t include that, because he never uses it. Or at least, there is no record, where he did so. I once saw a chart of many singers, where someone had listed many singers and their ranges with the different registers shown. Adam was the only one without whistle register. So I believe his total range is bigger than what he actually shows.

In the end, everything comes down to the fact, what we prefer. And a fan, who listened to Freddie’s voice for many years will always prefer that. I like Freddie‘s singing. But I believe, that technically Adam is better. That’s why I voted for him. He did almost 200 Queen shows and is absolutely consistently delivering great performances. There was never a voice problem. And he gives me goosebumps, when he’s singing ballads. His voice does work for me.

And for the argument, if he tries to much: His origin is musical theater. He’s not trying to be theatrical, that’s in his blood. „You can take the boy out of the theater. But you cannot take the theater of the boy.“

Nicki79
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:03 pm

Just considering the vocal range:
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
The Show Must Go On

Postby Nicki79 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 pm

And I have to:
The videos posted in this thread are old. Adam singing in 2012? I know many of you won’t care, but Adam did develop in these 7 years, he has been touring with Queen. I take you don’t dare to post newer videos than from 2015? Is Adam too good? :lol: :P
Here is something newer (no, it doesn’t show the best performance of either of them, but on the whole, it gives a fair impression.)
phpBB [video]

Only vocals on „Who wants to live forever“ (Freddie’s recorded version / Adam live).
phpBB [video]

Nicki79
The Show Must Go On

Previous

Return to Killer Queen