What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by Black Wings »

Going to combine two threads into one.

Happy...watching a cat enjoy catnip. I've never seen a cat take to it so much. :D

Cool Cat

Re: What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by Cool Cat »

Happy - Watching the council finally lay a new tarmac road outside my house, i've only been asking for 2 years.

Annoyed - Floods like the one in the photo.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

What made me happy? New Order and Pet Shop Boys announced a co-headling tour. :D
What annoyed me today? They're not playing anywhere near me. :x

Tero

Post by Tero »

I'm happy that I've finally started to study for this Thursday's exam, and I'm annoyed that I didn't start in the beginning of the course, :lol:

I'm happy that I've met someone who wants to spend time with me, and I'm annoyed because it seems that there's no time to meet her this week.

MyFaerieQueene

Post by MyFaerieQueene »

the milkman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 pm
What made me happy? New Order and Pet Shop Boys announced a co-headling tour. :D
What? I've been out of the New Order / PSB loop for so long I did not know about this. This is a dream made real, it should have happened earlier. Shame they are only playing in America though :( .

Today what made me happy was listening to an owl at the bottom of my garden going "twit-two" but with it's voice cracking like Freddie's on the high notes. It made me smile.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

MyFaerieQueene wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm
the milkman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:29 pm
What? I've been out of the New Order / PSB loop for so long I did not know about this. This is a dream made real, it should have happened earlier. Shame they are only playing in America though :( .

Today what made me happy was listening to an owl at the bottom of my garden going "twit-two" but with it's voice cracking like Freddie's on the high notes. It made me smile.
It was just announced yesterday. They’re playing one date in the UK. I’m so gutted because for me it is a dream come true. They’re both playing a full set too.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Raccoons have decided to set up house on our deck. Very bad, no matter how damn cute they are. :|

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Insomnia is a bitch. :roll:

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Innuendoes wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:06 am
Raccoons have decided to set up house on our deck. Very bad, no matter how damn cute they are. :|
Are there wildlife services near you that can help out with that?

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Icy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:11 am
Innuendoes wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:06 am
Are there wildlife services near you that can help out with that?
No, because they are only here at around midnight to 6am when all those services are closed. We would have to find out where their dens are and have DNR go there. However, I am very suspicious that at least one of them is living under our next door neighbor's deck. Those people poison any wild animal they know is on their property. I won't have it! They already killed all the rabbits and chipmunks. Even let their little kids pull all the baby chipmunks out of their dens one by one and tortured them. No way will I let that happen to these raccoons. They're so darned cute, standing at the door waiting for a bite to eat. I can't resist them no matter how hard I try when they look at me in the eyes and plead for food. :( :cry: