What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Other music, TV, films and general interest
midnight sky

Re: What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 am
midnight sky wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:54 am
Nicki wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:12 am Our airport Berlin Tegel (TXL) has finally closed today! :D

Tomorrow the very last plane - an Air France - will leave. From now on we can finally live here without all the noise and dirt from countless planes close above the house every day (and night!). A normal life, like it was planned, when we bought the flat early in 2012 with the projected closing date of Tegel airport 2 months later... :roll:

I‘m just relieved, it’s finally over and we don’t have to move.
Over and out - thanks and goodbye TXL!
✈️😁
Did many people lose jobs as a result of it?
No. Everything moved to the new, bigger airport. That one even creates more jobs.
That's good.
A pretty big company has cut flights down recently, making it harder to fly to my home province. Sad really.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

I hate packing. ⏳

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

A lovely facebook cover with two of my favorite things. Books and flowers 😍
An amber scented candle 😍

A blizzard...glad I'm not moving this weekend. 😨

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

I feel as if I just got whacked by a baseball bat with a swing from a major league home run hitter both psychologically and emotionally. I'm cast adrift in a mess of what the f**! and complete surprise. 23AndMe.Com a DNA matching company insists i am not a Mahler by DNA at all whatsoever. I am an Italian with the dna paternal last name of Romano. My DNA father has Parkinson's, prostrate cancer, my 1/2 sister is 45 years old, legally blind and has type 1 diabetes. Her ma Carol is floored and had nothing to do with Clement during the 1960's as my ma was with him exclusively prior to meeting my "adopted" father, Richard Mahler. Everything about me that I grew to know and love is completely false of my supposed German/English heritage. Gustav Mahler? Not a chance. I learned there are two Taylors in my family, a Markel in California, a Harris in the Midwest and all are 4th cousins. Meghan Markel, Kamala Harris and Roger Taylor is a stretch but that's not all. Although my ma is polish, I am directly related to Marie Antionette and the current Queen of Englands husband by so many generations, I could marry a royal and get away with it. I feel helplessly cast adrift, not knowing anything at all whatsoever other than what you read here. My mouth has been non stop on the phone with complete strangers about the subject, nearly 95% of the talk all from my compensating mind out my mouth. I'm floored absolutely floored. If this is what floored feels like my head is numb. I can't cry, I can't laugh, I cant sing, I can't do anything but barely deal with this. To put the cherry on top, ASCAP at my request cut ties with me officially today and inside this week I'll be a full fledged member of BMI, a company extremely friendly with ReverbNation and Reverbs 5+ million artists including Queen unlike the complete opposite ASCAP.

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
that hold me inside
I want to reach out And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name.

Sorry Queen, but there is not one song in your arsenal other than my nickname "Funny How Love Is" that comes remotely close to my upside down 52 year young life is now.

God save the Queen..

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Being so fkn exhausted, but cannot sleep...once again 😩

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

midnight sky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:15 am Being so fkn exhausted, but cannot sleep...once again 😩

Hey Midnight Sky, what do you think of Ozzy's "Ordinary Man"? I love "Straight To Hell" the opening track.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

FunnyHowLoveIs wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:46 am
midnight sky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:15 am Being so fkn exhausted, but cannot sleep...once again 😩

Hey Midnight Sky, what do you think of Ozzy's "Ordinary Man"? I love "Straight To Hell" the opening track.
I love it. His best work in years I think.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Starts with s and ends with m, or starts with s and end with t.

🙈🙉🙊

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

So, OkCupid tells me to set my range on "Anywhere" and out of the 25 responses, only one in the USA in another state entirely actually likes me. Its women from Africa and Asia that like me and I suspect they are looking for a ticket to America or they are in the oldest profession known to exist. That's what has me annoyed.

What made me happy? Just being able to pretty much be at ease and at will "talk" on this board during this otherwise dreary cold wet Massachusetts day, for up til now I forgot my 23AndMe results.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

midnight sky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 pm Starts with s and ends with m, or starts with s and end with t.

🙈🙉🙊
Cryptic and plain gibberish are close cousins with that post midnight sky