What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Other music, TV, films and general interest
JLP
Site Admin

Re: What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by JLP »

Been with same home insurance company for ages. Got a renew quote which had gone up 20%. So went online and found same cover for £700 a year less. So pretty happy.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Walked my dogs and found a huge osprey dead by the sidewalk...it had stepped on a grounded line while on a power line. This is breeding season and I am hoping it was not a female whose babies will now never get their meals. Power companies should be more careful in placing their lines.😢

Kes

Post by Kes »

JLP wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:11 am Been with same home insurance company for ages. Got a renew quote which had gone up 20%. So went online and found same cover for £700 a year less. So pretty happy.
Nice to know they give you a good old loyalty bone up the arse.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm Walked my dogs and found a huge osprey dead by the sidewalk...it had stepped on a grounded line while on a power line. This is breeding season and I am hoping it was not a female whose babies will now never get their meals. Power companies should be more careful in placing their lines.😢
Females generally have black specks all over their upper chest area. Sometimes males do, too, however, but not as much as females. It's too early for chicks where you are but still, I really hate hearing this, especially about an Osprey. They are my favorite bird, ever. 😥

You should call the DNR and have them pick it up or even the police will generally do it as it's illegal for anyone to have one or even a feather from one.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

This damn thread! :shock:

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Innuendoes wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:13 pm This damn thread! :shock:
*Pops in*
Well if someone thinks its appropriate this thread can be deleted, it's not up to me what is posted in here or what stays or goes here .
*Back under my rock*

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

midnight sky wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:05 am
*Pops in*
Well if someone thinks its appropriate this thread can be deleted, it's not up to me what is posted in here or what stays or goes here .
*Back under my rock*
My statement has nothing to do with you creating the thread. There is, however, something wrong with it and apparently other parts of the board are starting to do the same thing. The last poster is not the last poster when someone looks at the thread and sometimes the last post is moved up 2 or 3 before the post that the last person was answering if that makes any sense...

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Innuendoes wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 pm
MyHumanZoo wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm Walked my dogs and found a huge osprey dead by the sidewalk...it had stepped on a grounded line while on a power line. This is breeding season and I am hoping it was not a female whose babies will now never get their meals. Power companies should be more careful in placing their lines.😢
Females generally have black specks all over their upper chest area. Sometimes males do, too, however, but not as much as females. It's too early for chicks where you are but still, I really hate hearing this, especially about an Osprey. They are my favorite bird, ever. 😥

You should call the DNR and have them pick it up or even the police will generally do it as it's illegal for anyone to have one or even a feather from one.
Unfortunately it was face down so I didn’t see the chest. My gut is that it was male though. We are in a very wildlife conscious area so it got picked up quickly. Still makes me sad.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

*Pops in*
*Back under my rock*
Good to see you back! Please come out more often!😊

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 pm
*Pops in*
*Back under my rock*
Good to see you back! Please come out more often!😊
Thanks, but it's pretty much over for me here. I am not wanted as a member here, let alone wanted to be posting here, its obvious.

Take care and thanks.

( It's been a roller-coaster for me on QOL these last couple of years. Thanks for the memories, take care everyone, be safe...genuinely. )