What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Innuendoes

Re: What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:07 pm
Precisely which part of "You do know racoon is an anagram of corona, is a joke? It's a "fact", not a joke. Try as you may, you can't spin that. Impossible.

In your situation, I'd be looking at ways to keep these "mammals" off your property.

Loads of ways you could do this. Putting a fence up, poisoning the creatures. Oh yeah, and posting the problem on a rock band's international website.

Which then leads us onto, what are your priorities? The health of your children, these animals, or buying a fence? ...You tell me.

OK, you're looking for someone to tell you that everything will be OK. Unfortunately, all the sympathy in the world won't actually effect ANY change on the problem, only doing something pro-active will.

Just put both thumbs on your forefingers and say as loud as you can... "I'm gonna build a wall. And what's more, I'm gonna get the racoons to pay for it!"

Oh, I've answered the question. If it was me :-

I'd be on the phone getting a fence installer to surround my property. I wouldn't be posting it on here, because it patently wouldn't be solving the problem. Sympathy and empathy don't work on anything except "some" other humans. It doesn't work on dogs, cats, racoons, Trump supporters, or even coronavirus.

Oh, shit. Something very important just occurred to me. Can racoons fly, or scale fences, or in the extreme, electrified cattle fences?

http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74116.html
You think you're really smart don't you? First, it is against the law to poison any wildlife in this state including nuisance wildlife. These animals can grow quite large - the size of a medium sized dog!

I do not own this house and the man who does, does not want a fence erected around his over 1/2 acre property. That would do no good, anyway. Raccoons go over fences by biting their way through it or over it, or dig under it and they climb houses, go through outside walls into the insulation. They also go up ON the roof and pull the vents open and go down into the ceiling insulation under the roofing material to have their litters, meanwhile leaving droppings EVERYWHERE.

They also are carriers of Rabies!

You owe me an apology for your smartalec response. And where on earth Trump or COVID 19 comes into this is beyond me because that's impossible.

I didn't come here for sympathy FOR SURE. I came here to rant, like most other people who post in this thread or some post things that make them happy of which I have done both.

If you don't like it, change the rules. Meanwhile, apologize!

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Black Wings wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:33 pm
FaceTime :)
A rabbit in my back yard :)
How cute.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Innuendoes wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Go back to your response to the pointing out of an anagram. Hardly anything to get in a tizzy over. I was pointing out the irony rhat two words made up of the same letters were keeping you in your house. Something being ironic, doesn't make it a "joke", or at your expense. Over reacting, is possibly a good assessment of the situation.

You did a Pearl Harbor on me there. And we all know how that one finished. You ramped it up first, so you apologise, then I might just do the same. In the meantime... we appear to have hit a Mexican stand off.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

Kes wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:33 pm
Innuendoes wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Go back to your response to the pointing out of an anagram. Hardly anything to get in a tizzy over. I was pointing out the irony rhat two words made up of the same letters were keeping you in your house. Something being ironic, doesn't make it a "joke", or at your expense. Over reacting, is possibly a good assessment of the situation.

You did a Pearl Harbor on me there. And we all know how that one finished. You ramped it up first, so you apologise, then I might just do the same. In the meantime... we appear to have hit a Mexican stand off.
Sorry but my son's heath and life isn't an anagram!

Kes

Post by Kes »

Good on you for caring about your family. At least you have one priority right. Now, put that fact into your plan, and instead of chasing me, chase the f*cking racoons. They're your real problem, and much more likely to harm your son that I am.

Oh, constructive advice. As you don't own the place, move to somewhere where there aren't racoons. Surely your son's life and "health" are more important than anything else, aren't they? Or is having a f*cking go at me more important to you? I guess your next emotional blackmail charged torpedo will answer that.

Kes

Post by Kes »

https://www.orkincanada.ca/pests/wildlife/raccoons/

https://rentprep.com/property-maintenan ... s-tenants/

There. Racoons are classed as "pests".

Your landlord has a responsibilty towards pest control, on their leased out properties. Solve the problem, don't go moaning about it on here hoping it will solve itself.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Canada Post. :roll:
When products are so high on a shelf while shopping that it cannot be reached and even after asking for help, there's no one to help. :roll:
Ducks quacking. :?
Finally feeling a teensy bit better. :)

Kes

Post by Kes »

It's a conspiracy designed by tall people, and people who carry step ladders round with them, to remind short people of their lack of altitude.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Fingers crossed my sister and her kids will be back safely today. Been a long couple of weeks without them here.

Tero

Post by Tero »

It made me happy to spend the afternoon with a friend, just hanging around in the city centre and eating lousy food. :D