What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Ray

Re: What made you happy/what annoyed you today

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:37 pm I wish it would stop snowing. Dangerous out there.
I wish it would start snowing here...right now it feels rather almost like autumn, not winter/Christmas.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Ray wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:25 am
midnight sky wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:37 pm I wish it would stop snowing. Dangerous out there.
I wish it would start snowing here...right now it feels rather almost like autumn, not winter/Christmas.
Locally there was about 20 cms that fell in less than a day, scary stuff. Roads are still a mess on many side streets here.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

midnight sky wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:04 am
Ray wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:25 am
Locally there was about 20 cms that fell in less than a day, scary stuff. Roads are still a mess on many side streets here.
We had 6 inches on the weekend and some of it's still here but this temperature drop is really killing me. :|

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

My 8 year old granddaughter got an iPhone 11 for Christmas, from her mom that just declared bankruptcy and tells the world how she struggles every day to survive. She lets her daughter go anywhere she wants on the internet, day and night. Congrats mom, you just gifted your child a pedophile friend for Christmas.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:47 am My 8 year old granddaughter got an iPhone 11 for Christmas, from her mom that just declared bankruptcy and tells the world how she struggles every day to survive. She lets her daughter go anywhere she wants on the internet, day and night. Congrats mom, you just gifted your child a pedophile friend for Christmas.
That's really awful and I am sorry for you and your granddaughter. That's no way to teach a child or teen how to manage money in tough times not to mention just the idea of it all. Think what the money spent on that phone and the service, itself, could do for the family. Instead, texting and whatever else. :(

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Innuendoes wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:51 am
MyHumanZoo wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:47 am My 8 year old granddaughter got an iPhone 11 for Christmas, from her mom that just declared bankruptcy and tells the world how she struggles every day to survive. She lets her daughter go anywhere she wants on the internet, day and night. Congrats mom, you just gifted your child a pedophile friend for Christmas.
That's really awful and I am sorry for you and your granddaughter. That's no way to teach a child or teen how to manage money in tough times not to mention just the idea of it all. Think what the money spent on that phone and the service, itself, could do for the family. Instead, texting and whatever else. :(
Yes....not to mention it is not taken away at night and she and her 7 year old sister stay up half the night playing on that and the new iPad her sister got. I got a call from the 7 year old at 2:30 a.m. Christmas night! If she is calling me....she could be calling anyone. Her mother has zero brain....and the kids will pay for it. Sigh.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

MyHumanZoo wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:42 am
Yes....not to mention it is not taken away at night and she and her 7 year old sister stay up half the night playing on that and the new iPad her sister got. I got a call from the 7 year old at 2:30 a.m. Christmas night! If she is calling me....she could be calling anyone. Her mother has zero brain....and the kids will pay for it. Sigh.
That is horrible and I truly feel bad for you and the children. Children raised that way are in danger of who may be on the other end of those phones and tablets and they're just so trusting of strangers because they've never been taught correctly, to care for their own wellbeing. And because they are your grandchildren, this must hurt you a lot, worrying for their safety and the values they are not being taught. I am so sorry.

MyHumanZoo

Post by MyHumanZoo »

Innuendoes wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:23 am
MyHumanZoo wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:42 am
That is horrible and I truly feel bad for you and the children. Children raised that way are in danger of who may be on the other end of those phones and tablets and they're just so trusting of strangers because they've never been taught correctly, to care for their own wellbeing. And because they are your grandchildren, this must hurt you a lot, worrying for their safety and the values they are not being taught. I am so sorry.
Thank you! It’s true, I spend a lot of nights worrying about how they will turn out and what trouble they may get into based on how little parenting they receive. We spend as much time with them as possible, and try to educate them to counteract what they see at home but I know it’s just not enough.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

A particular book that leaves the reader with a cliffhanger of sorts.

Innuendoes

Post by Innuendoes »

I just found L'Arc~en~Ciel RESET LIVE 000 彩虹乐队 (FIVE LIVE ARCHIVES) on billibilli.com and it's downloading right now. Fantastic quality full concert. 😍