Stereo Photography with Queen

A forum for all Queen related fan art. Do you create pictures or artwork of the guys? Show off your drawings, paintings, computer artwork etc here.

Stereo Photography with Queen

Postby ShootTheSound » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi All!

My Name is Peter Neill - I shot a few of the Concerts on this years UK tour for Queen. I'm at http://ShootTheSound.com - You can see some of my Queen shots on the site.

I also completed a stereo photo project with Brian that I thought might be of interest to hear about for people here.

You can see an interview here on the Canon Website about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/education/technical/peter_neill_a_journey_into_stereo.do
In Case its TLDR, I shot a Queen concert with a Stereo rig with Brian's help and Collaberation. One of the end results is I have a huge lenticular stereo print that you can see in the link below.

If you want you can see a little video of one of the one off prints too:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j578hblwam9whby/demo.mp4?dl=1

I have another print also, of Brian, Close up, about 1 metre wide and 75cm high, that goes from Colour to Black and White depending on your angle looking at it.

I hope this and the article above is of interest to you all here, but I'd also really love some advice.

The Lenticular print that goes from Colour to Black and White, I'm hoping to sell that to a collector if I can find one and give 100% to Brian's Wild Life charity.

The other, the one in the video, I'm going to have as a centre piece of an exhibit of my work featuring not just Queen, but other artists too. I would like too, to sell this piece too in order to fund this exhibit.

So if anyone here has any ideas on collectors etc I'd love to know and if anyone here simply wants to know more about what it was like shooting with Queen etc or anything else, just reply here and I'll chat!

Attached to this post is a preview of the stereo pair used for the large lenticular print
Attachments
11412040_863094193772305_1587449711884126592_o.jpg

ShootTheSound
Spread Your Wings

Re: Stereo Photography with Queen

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Nice work! Well if this site doesn't lead you to a Queen collector then which will? :D

Perhaps put a price on here for the lenticular print? Is it a one-off?

Lenticular? wasn't he a judge on 'Strictly'? :|
‘...and I find myself thinkin', well, what would you do?’

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby ShootTheSound » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks for your comments :)

It is a one off, there are no other prints, thats it. As regard putting a price, I'm not sure that would be allowed by the forum.

I'll happily answer any questions about the stereo process or shooting with Queen in general so this post is of interest to the general fan base, but its probably best if a collector emailed me from my website or DM me about buying either print :)

ShootTheSound
Spread Your Wings

Postby nicksmithworld » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:31 pm

er ok :-)

So which camera did you use to shoot the 3-D?

Did Brian show a lot of interest in this project?

Did you should from the press pit or the crowd?
‘...and I find myself thinkin', well, what would you do?’

nicksmithworld
The Show Must Go On

Postby ShootTheSound » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:09 pm

I was shooting with two Canon 5d MKIII cameras. Lens wise I was using a 50mm 1.4.
Yes brian had great interest and was a constant source of advice when I was setting up the rig to shoot. Thankfully they gave me AAA access so I could go into both pit and crowd. I ended up with 88 stereo pairs that really "work" together after going through them all.

ShootTheSound
Spread Your Wings

Return to Flick Of The Wrist