sucky set lists

Talk about Queen's live performances.

sucky set lists

Postby action » Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 pm

get down make love
now i'm here revisited
brighton rock "improvisation" (yeah right, how is it improvising when you play the same fucking tune for the past 10 years)
god save the queen tape

Queen sure had a lot of filler in their concerts, totally irrelevant and annoying stuff

they could have used that time to play the actual songs complete, like killer queen, bicycle race etc

but in stead they sound like elvis presley in his fat years: playing sped up, shortened versions of otherwise great songs :?
I see you standing there. You think you so cool. Why don't you just..... fuck off!

action
Don't Stop Me Now

I know what's right and what's wrong

Re: sucky set lists

Postby Leigh Burne » Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 am

Now I'm Here (reprise) - so you don't want them to play the end of the song, and yet you'll complain when they don't play complete songs?

Brighton Rock guitar solo - that was as much about giving Freddie a rest from singing as it was displaying Brian's guitar skills; the man needed a break somewhere!

God Save the Queen - not playing this as they bow for the crowd would be like them not finishing with We Are the Champions, it was just tradition. And the band clearly couldn't play it themselves because they were busy saying farewell and goodnight.

Why are you so angry? You sound like an ass.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Action This Day » Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm

I never really appreciated GDML live until I saw the Montreal video. Then I realised it was performed mostly to showcase their expensive lighting rig and also to let Brian have a go with his harmonizer and e-bow. I reckon it would have been one of the most memorable parts of the live show.

My old boss saw Queen at Slane 1986 and he told me he didn't really enjoy it because 'they played over backing tapes'. I had to explain to him that there was a fifth musician on stage and they never actually played over a backing tape, only using tapes in parts when the band itself wasn't playing, i.e. One Vision intro, Bo Rhap opera section and GSTQ.

Action This Day
We Will Rock You

Postby fosterol » Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

action wrote:get down make love
now i'm here revisited
brighton rock "improvisation" (yeah right, how is it improvising when you play the same fucking tune for the past 10 years)
god save the queen tape

Queen sure had a lot of filler in their concerts, totally irrelevant and annoying stuff

they could have used that time to play the actual songs complete, like killer queen, bicycle race etc

but in stead they sound like elvis presley in his fat years: playing sped up, shortened versions of otherwise great songs :?

good work sir. Particular reverence to Elvis quote

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

Maybe they'll take the Elvis comments on-board when Freddie gets reincarnated, and they f*ck off on a 42-date US tour.

But then again maybe not!

You can't change history, they did what they did, probably so people had something to complain about in perpetuity.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby medusa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:11 pm

action wrote:get down make love
now i'm here revisited
god save the queen tape

I disagree, they way they performed medleys etc was part of Queen's unique stlye,and added that unique dynamic blend that Freddie used by going from one thing to another, it made Freddie the classic showman he was, & is still known for.
Their arranging of one song to another was always brilliant.
AND THE BLEND MADE FREDDIE'S STLYE
IT WAS ALL ABOUT KEEPING UP THE PACE BUILDING AND BUILDING

They would never have had the reason to create the big over the top introductons or extravagent epic endings,that fizzled into the next opening,
if it was not for the reason of intergrating the music to a timed organised building flow , then with quiet gaps for calming.
And in turn Freddie took to creating his stances, gestures , expressions and moves, at all this glorious pomp noise and pace ,and created his very famous stage style around it and because of it.
EPIC Genious QUEEN!
KAPONE MIND MELD AND BE.
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time

medusa
We Will Rock You

Postby The Sixpence » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 am

Does sucky set lists include anything they are going to do with Adam Lambert? ;-)

The Sixpence

Postby Eli » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 pm

I never liked White Queen Live or Ogre Battle Live

Eli
Spread Your Wings

Postby bluerhap » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Eli wrote:I never liked White Queen Live or Ogre Battle Live

Eh? Did you see them performed live?.

bluerhap
Spread Your Wings

Postby Leigh Burne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:26 am

Eli wrote:I never liked White Queen Live

I always thought White Queen was the single best studio-to-live translation of a song they ever did...
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Return to Live Killers