The day when I can listen to the Rainbow 74 concert...

Talk about Queen's live performances.

The day when I can listen to the Rainbow 74 concert...

Postby TheHero » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 am

..on Spotify, CD or itunes, will be a good day.. The question is when ? .. When? :shock:
Last edited by TheHero on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Re: The day when I can listen to Rainbow -74 concert...

Postby julymorning » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 am

I have the concert video.
:inlove:
I agree it would make an amazing CD.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby TheHero » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Procession
March Of The Black Queen
White Queen
Father To Son
Ogre Battle
Son And Daughter
Stone Cold Crazy

It is pretty amazing that these songs were played live about 35 years ago, and since then, no one has barely seen or heard anything from these songs. :?

I think honestly that if Queen made these songs available many, many years ago, the band would have gained much more respect among prog-rock fans etc. It would definitely show to non-Queen fans, that Queen weren`t only a band playing hits. The Rainbow concert shows Queen in their most creative period.

In the later years, through the 80s, Queen became more professional on stage, but went for anthems and public-friendly songs. Those concerts are already over-represented in their live- discography.

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby julymorning » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:30 pm

TheHero wrote:Procession
March Of The Black Queen
White Queen
Father To Son
Ogre Battle
Son And Daughter
Stone Cold Crazy

It is pretty amazing that these songs were played live about 35 years ago, and since then, no one has barely seen or heard anything from these songs. :?

I think honestly that if Queen made these songs available many, many years ago, the band would have gained much more respect among prog-rock fans etc. It would definitely show to non-Queen fans, that Queen weren`t only a band playing hits. The Rainbow concert shows Queen in their most creative period.

In the later years, through the 80s, Queen became more professional on stage, but went for anthems and public-friendly songs. Those concerts are already over-represented in their live- discography.

I know of people (musicians) in this country, in my age bracket, that'll put up Queen II as their favorite Queen album of all time.

And I agree, that list is the epitomy of hard rock.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Re: The day when I can listen to the Rainbow 74 concert...

Postby Kes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm

I'd rate it as equal joint first, with ADATR being the other one.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Balck Qu♥♥n » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 am

TheHero wrote:I think honestly that if Queen made these songs available many, many years ago, the band would have gained much more respect among prog-rock fans etc. It would definitely show to non-Queen fans, that Queen weren`t only a band playing hits. The Rainbow concert shows Queen in their most creative period.

I couldn't agree more!! This concert was utterly amazing! And Hyde Park '76! There are so many underrated song there, a lot of people don't know this side of Queen and that's a shame. No doubt the 70s saw the best of Queen (in my opinion at least...).
And yes, the 80s were very stage-professional indeed, but I absolutely love their 'raw' style in the earlier years :biggrin:
Pull yourself together 'cause you know you should do better...

Balck Qu♥♥n
Spread Your Wings

Postby TheHero » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Balck Qu♥♥n wrote:
TheHero wrote:I think honestly that if Queen made these songs available many, many years ago, the band would have gained much more respect among prog-rock fans etc. It would definitely show to non-Queen fans, that Queen weren`t only a band playing hits. The Rainbow concert shows Queen in their most creative period.

I couldn't agree more!! This concert was utterly amazing! And Hyde Park '76! There are so many underrated song there, a lot of people don't know this side of Queen and that's a shame. No doubt the 70s saw the best of Queen (in my opinion at least...).
And yes, the 80s were very stage-professional indeed, but I absolutely love their 'raw' style in the earlier years :biggrin:

Thanks my friend :cool:

I can`t wait to hear this concert, epic songs, raw, clear sound, pure rock, no synths, lots of heavy guitar, drum fill-ins and John Deacon bass solo.

Another reason they should have released this concert on CD, is that the live version of White Queen is (dare I say) even better than the studio version. The studio version is great, but it sounds even more powerful and organic live. Definitely one of their best live performances of a song ever.

http://youtu.be/hMFCVgHVcfs

TheHero
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Pluto » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:41 pm

TheHero wrote:..on Spotify, CD or itunes, will be a good day.. The question is when ? .. When? :shock:

According to my sources at duckleg productions, this show will be released on DVD/Blue Ray/Vinyl/Tape/VHS/Xray on the 30th of February, 2013. Stay tuned!

Pluto
Spread Your Wings

Postby Chickenfeed Babe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:11 pm

I heard it could be as soon as November 31st!

I'm quite surprised the Rainbow is even in the pipeline when we haven't had Hammersmith '75 yet. I yearn for the day when those two and Earl's Court see the light of day - preferably before I'm old and decrepit when my sight and hearing have gone to shit.

Chickenfeed Babe
Spread Your Wings

Postby Pluto » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Chickenfeed Babe wrote:I heard it could be as soon as November 31st!

I'm quite surprised the Rainbow is even in the pipeline when we haven't had Hammersmith '75 yet. I yearn for the day when those two and Earl's Court see the light of day - preferably before I'm old and decrepit when my sight and hearing have gone to shit.

I don't think it's in the pipeline at all. By the way, Hungarian Rhapsody is scheduled to be released in the beginning of December.

Pluto
Spread Your Wings

Postby Chickenfeed Babe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm glad you noticed me carrying on your joke about fictitious release dates. There are only 30 days in November :roll: :lol:

Chickenfeed Babe
Spread Your Wings

Return to Live Killers