Professionally filmed Queen concerts

Talk about Queen's live performances.

Re: Professionally filmed Queen concerts

Postby AlexKx » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:08 am

Hasn't it been agreed upon that two nights at the Rainbow were filmed in their entirety? I don't get it. What's with the confusion with that? Also wasn't some of the Budokon show filmed in 1975? There also should be a list of quite a number of reunion one off shows over the past twenty years...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Pingu » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:06 pm

This site has a lot of info, including a bunch of stuff about the confusion around the Rainbow filming. Wasted about 2 wonderful hours on this site today :)

Pingu
We Will Rock You

Postby AlexKx » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:28 am

Are there not any Queen concerts after 1986 on that website? All of the one offs, reunion projects, two reunion tours, and reunion concerts...

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 am

So is the upcoming "Live at the Rainbow" the earliest queen filmed concerts or is there at least more of the March concert that is being held back on this release for some reason or another?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:39 pm

I would figure that all they currently have of the Rainbow gigs, will be on this release.

I don't think they intend doing a go-faster version at any time, as so I was told, they have other live releases somewhere in the pipeline that they intend doing something with.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby AlexKx » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:43 am

Should Queen just throw their audio only concerts away? Should I give them my address to ship the masters to ME? :?: :!: :D

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Guru » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:53 pm

AlexKx wrote:Should Queen just throw their audio only concerts away? Should I give them my address to ship the masters to ME? :?: :!: :D

A thought occurred.

If we got round a table with Greg, Brian, Roger, Universal (virtual table....), we'd probably all broadly agree about what the next 10 concert releases would be - not necessarily in order or anything, but which are "releasable" and which aren't.

Assuming that there are "proper" tapes of those other concerts in the archive, they could be diverted to a secondary outlet - something like livemetallica.com - where old (and in their case, recent) concerts are put out, in a couple of formats, for a reasonable price, officially and therefore bypassing the bootleggers.

Given that a fair few concerts these days allow attendees to take recordings home with them the same night (I know Thunder have done this, possibly Black Sabbath), a straightforward mix is clearly not difficult to achieve, so the costs are reasonably low - better than leaving them unheard, better than the top 100 bootlegs (which should have been this method, IMO).

Guru
The Show Must Go On

Erehwon

Previous

Return to Live Killers